|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Here are the more specifications (no video information) for the Canon EOS R5. As for the video features, I think we know just about everything about the Canon EOS R5.
Canon EOS R5 Specifications
With the newly developed effective pixel number of 45 million pixels full-size CMOS sensor high-speed signal readout, high-speed processing of new image engine “DIGIC X”, high performance “RF lens”, the highest resolution performance in EOS series history Achieves both high image quality and high-speed continuous shooting.
● AF performance is improved as “dual pixel CMOS AF II” by high-speed signal readout of the new CMOS sensor and high-speed processing of new image engine. When “Face + Tracking priority AF” is set, the distance measurement area is expanded to a maximum of approximately 100% (vertical) x maximum 100% (horizontal) of the screen. Furthermore, when shooting still images, the AF frame is automatically selected from a maximum of 1053 divided areas.
● Supports the detection of human eyes, faces, and heads. Compared with “EOS R”, the detection performance of smaller eyes and profile is improved. In addition, it can detect the eyes, face, and the whole body of animals (dogs/cats/birds) to improve the capture rate of subjects.
● The low brightness focusing limit of EV-6 is achieved. Achieves highly accurate focusing even in a dark environment where it is difficult for the naked eye to see the subject.
●High-speed AF of up to approximately 0.05 seconds is realized by optimizing the drive control of “Dual Pixel CMOS AF II” and “RF lens”.
● Uses the AF algorithm installed in the “EOS-1D X Mark III”. Comfortable shooting is possible with “Case 1 to 4”, which have been preset with “Subject tracking characteristics” and “Tracking characteristics with respect to speed changes” in advance according to the scene, and “Case A (Auto)” that automatically switches according to the subject. Realization.
● When shooting with the electronic shutter, high-speed continuous shooting of up to about 20 frames/second is achieved with AF/AE tracking. You can shoot without worrying about the shutter sound in scenes such as facing wild animals and playing golf.
● When shooting with the mechanical shutter/electronic front curtain, high-speed continuous shooting of up to approximately 12 frames/sec.
● The built-in high-definition electronic viewfinder (EVF) with a field-of-view rate of about 100% that employs an organic EL panel of about 5.76 million dots. By setting the display frame rate to “119.88fps (smoothness priority)”, it is easier to chase moving objects.
● “DIGIC X” realizes maximum ISO51200 (equivalent to extended ISO: 102400) when shooting still images.
● Supports still image/video recording in the “HDR PQ” method based on human visual characteristics. HEIF (10bit) recording that was done with RAW development software is realized in the camera.
● “Face lighting correction” is newly added to the auto writing optimizer function during RAW development. When the contrast of the face is high, it is possible to automatically correct the brightness of the face.
● “Strength” is added to the “Digital Lens Optimizer” that corrects lens aberrations.
● The world’s first internal recording of 8K/30P video is realized by the high-speed signal readout of the CMOS sensor and the high-speed processing of the new video engine “DIGIC X”. Supports internal recording of movies in RAW data (12 bit) at 8K.
● Realizes 4K/120P high frame rate video shooting, enabling smooth video shooting.
● High-quality 4K video can be generated from 8K rich data. Realize 4K/30P video by oversampling without cropping.
●In 8K/4K/full HD shooting, we realize smooth AF by “dual pixel CMOS AF II”.
●Cannes can be used for rich-gradation video expression by utilizing Canon’s original Log gamma “Canon Log”.
●For the first time in the EOS series, a correction mechanism that moves the image sensor in response to camera shake is adopted in the body. Achieves in-body image stabilization with 5 axes: horizontal rotation axis/vertical rotation axis/rotation axis/left/right/up/down. Even with a lens that does not have an image stabilizer, you can shoot comfortably from wide-angle to telephoto, depending on the combination of camera and lens.
● The world’s highest 8.0-stop image stabilization is achieved by the coordinated control of the optical image stabilization mechanism on the lens side and the in-body image stabilization mechanism. Comfortable shooting is possible even in shooting environments where camera shake is likely to occur, such as telephoto shooting and handheld shooting. When shooting movies, in addition to the coordinated control of the camera shake correction mechanism inside the body and lens, it is also possible to use the movie electronic IS together.
● Supports Wi-Fi/Bluetooth(R) connection to mobile devices such as smartphones. For the first time in the EOS series, it is compatible with the 5 GHz band wireless LAN standard as Wi-Fi with a built-in camera, enabling high-speed and stable communication.
● In addition to FTP and FTPS, when using the wireless file transmitter “WFT-R10B”, it is possible to transfer by SFTP, realizing highly secure communication compatible with new authentication and encryption communication technology.
● Equipped with an automatic image transfer function from the camera to “image.canon”. You can automatically transfer still images to “Google Photos” or “Adobe Creative Cloud” (membership plan) via “image.canon”.
● Equipped with a shutter unit that achieved shutter durability of 500,000 actuations. You can choose to open or close the shutter curtain when the power is off.
● A dustproof and drip-proof structure is adopted to prevent water droplets and sand dust from entering the camera. In addition, a highly rigid magnesium alloy body that achieves both robustness and lightweight ensures high reliability.
● Equipped with dual slots for CFexpress card (Type B) and SD memory card (UHS-II compatible).
● Equipped with a multi-controller that allows intuitive AF frame selection.
- Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses) Lens Mount
- DIGIC X
Sensor & Image Information
- CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF) Effective Pixels
- Approx. 45.0 megapixels Sensor Size
- Approx. 36.0 x 24.0mm Pixel Size
- Approx. 4.40 micro m square Total Pixels
- Approx. 47.1 megapixels Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical) Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters Low Pass Filter Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable.
- Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.3 Image Format
- JPEG, HEIF, RAW (CR3, 14-bit RAW format), C-RAW (Canon original); Movies: ALL-I, IPB, RAW Image Processor
- OLED color electronic viewfinder; approx. 5.76 million dots resolution Coverage
- Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
Magnification / Angle of View
- Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.5 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m) Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm (at -1 m from the eyepiece lens end) Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. -4.0 to + 2.0m Focus Method
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter Electronic first curtain or mechanical shutter Electronic shutter
- When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/200 sec. Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release Self Timer
- 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay Monitor Type
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor Monitor Size
- 3.2-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 3.15 in./8.01cm diagonal (2.63 in./6.67cm width, 1.75 in./4.44cm height)
- Approx. 2.1 million dots
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels Coating
- Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
- 29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
- IEEE 802.11a/ac/b/g/n Transmission Method
- DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b)
- OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n/a/ac) Transition Frequency (Central Frequency)
- 2.4 GHz band
- Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz
- Channels: 1 to 11 channels
- 5 GHz band
- Frequency: 5180 to 5825 MHz
- Channels: 36 to 165 channels Recording Media
- CFexpress card:
- Type B: Card slot
- SD card speed class-compatible.
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
- Working Temperature Range 0 to +40 Degree C
- Working Humidity Range 85% or less
Size & Weight
- Approx. 138 x 97.5 x 88mm
- Approx. 738g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap) Approx. 650g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)