|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Here are more (no video information) specifications for the Canon EOS R6.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:
● Equipped with a full-size CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of approximately 20.10 million pixels, which is customized based on the sensor equipped with “EOS-1D X Mark III”. High image quality and high-speed continuous shooting are achieved by the high-speed signal readout of the CMOS sensor, high-speed processing of the new video engine “DIGIC X”, and high-performance “RF lens”.
● When shooting with the electronic shutter, high-speed continuous shooting of up to about 20 frames/second is achieved with AF/AE tracking. You can shoot without worrying about the shutter sound in scenes such as facing wild animals and playing golf.
● When shooting with the mechanical shutter/electronic front curtain, high-speed continuous shooting of up to approximately 12 frames/sec.
● AF performance is improved as “dual pixel CMOS AF II” by high-speed signal readout of the new CMOS sensor and high-speed processing of new image engine. When “Face + Tracking priority AF” is set, the distance measurement area is expanded to a maximum of approximately 100% (vertical) x maximum 100% (horizontal) of the screen. Furthermore, when shooting still images, the AF frame is automatically selected from a maximum of 1053 divided areas.
● Supports the detection of human eyes, faces, and heads. Compared with “EOS R”, the detection performance of smaller eyes and profile is improved. In addition, it can detect the eyes, face, and the whole body of animals (dogs/cats/birds) to improve the capture rate of subjects.
● Achieved the EV-6.5 low-brightness focus limit for the first time in the EOS series. Achieves highly accurate focusing even in a dark environment where it is difficult for the naked eye to see the subject.
●High-speed AF of up to approximately 0.05 seconds is achieved by optimizing the drive control of “Dual Pixel CMOS AF II” and “RF lens”.
● Uses the AF algorithm installed in the “EOS-1D X Mark III”. Comfortable shooting with “Case 1 to 4”, which are preset with “subject tracking characteristics” and “trackability against speed changes” according to the scene, and “Case A (Auto)” that automatically switches according to the subject Realized.
● The CMOS sensor reduces noise and the image engine improves noise reduction performance, achieving a standard ISO sensitivity of up to 102400 when shooting still images.
● Supports still image/video recording in the “HDR PQ” method based on human visual characteristics. HEIF (10bit) recording that was done with RAW development software is realized in the camera.
● “Face lighting correction” is newly added to the auto writing optimizer function during RAW development. When the contrast of the face is high, it is possible to automatically correct the brightness of the face.
● “Strength” is added to the “Digital Lens Optimizer” that corrects lens aberrations.
● The built-in high-definition electronic viewfinder (EVF) with approximately 100% field of view that employs an organic EL panel with approximately 3.69 million dots. By setting the display frame rate to “119.88fps (smoothness priority)”, it is easier to chase moving objects.
●For the first time in the EOS series, a correction mechanism that moves the image sensor in response to camera shake is adopted in the body. Achieves in-body image stabilization with 5 axes: horizontal rotation axis/vertical rotation axis/rotation axis/left/right/up/down. Even with a lens that does not have an image stabilizer, you can shoot comfortably from wide-angle to telephoto, depending on the combination of camera and lens.
● The world’s highest 8.0-stop image stabilization is achieved by the coordinated control of the optical image stabilization mechanism on the lens side and the in-body image stabilization mechanism. Comfortable shooting is possible even in shooting environments where camera shake is likely to occur, such as telephoto shooting and handheld shooting.
●When shooting movies, in addition to the coordinated control of the camera shake correction mechanism inside the body and lens, it is also possible to use a movie electronic IS together.
● 4K/60P video is achieved by oversampling without cropping, enabling delicate video expression with reduced moire and noise that cause image quality degradation.
● Full HD/120P high frame rate video for smooth video expression.
● When shooting 4K/Full HD, smooth AF with “Dual Pixel CMOS AF II” is possible.
● Equipped with Canon’s original Log-Gamma “Canon Log”, which has a proven track record in video production equipment “CINEMA EOS SYSTEM”. By gently suppressing the crushing of dark areas and highlight highlights, it is possible to record videos with a high degree of freedom in editing and processing after shooting.
● Supports Wi-Fi/Bluetooth(R) connection to mobile devices such as smartphones.
● Equipped with an automatic image transfer function from the camera to “image.canon”. You can automatically transfer still images to “Google Photos” or “Adobe Creative Cloud” (membership plan) via “image.canon”.
● Equipped with a shutter unit that has achieved shutter durability of 300,000 actuations. You can choose to open or close the shutter curtain when the power is off.
● A dustproof and drip-proof structure is adopted to prevent water droplets and sand dust from entering the camera. In addition, a lightweight and highly rigid polycarbonate resin is used for the exterior, achieving both reliability and mobility.
● Equipped with dual slots for SD memory cards (UHS-II compatible).
● Equipped with a multi-controller that allows intuitive AF frame selection.
- Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses) Lens Mount
- DIGIC X
Sensor & Image Type
- CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF) Effective Pixels
- Approx. 20.1 megapixels Screen Size
- Approx. 36.0 x 24.0 mm Pixel Unit
- Approx. 6.56 micro m square Total Pixels
- Approx. 21.4 megapixels Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical) Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters Low Pass Filter. Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable Recording Format
- Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.31 Image Format
- JPEG, HEIF, RAW / C-RAW (CR3), C-RAW (Canon original) ; Movies: ALL-I (Time-lapse video only), IPB, MP4
- OLED color electronic viewfinder Coverage
- Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
Magnification / Angle of View
- Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.2 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m) Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm (at -1 m from the eyepiece lens end) Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. -4.0 to + 2.0 m (dpt) Focus Method
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter:
- Electronic first curtain Mechanical shutter Electronic shutter
- When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/200 sec. Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release Self Timer
- 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay Monitor Type
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor Monitor Size
- 3.0-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 2.95 in./7.5cm diagonal (2.44 in./6.2cm width, 1.65 in./4.2cm height)
- Approx. 1.62 million dots
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels Touch-screen Operation
- Supported for AF Point selection; Touch AF; Touch Shutter; Menu selection; Quick Control Menu; Magnified view
- Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
- 29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Transmission Method
- DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b) OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n)
Transition Frequency (Central Frequency)
- 2.4 GHz band (5 GHz Wi-Fi not supported) Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz
- Channels: 1 to 11 channels Recording Media
- Two SD card slots:
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
Working Temperature Range
- 32 to 104 Degree F (0 to +40 Degree C) Working Humidity Range
Size & Weight
- 85% or less Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 138 x 97.5 x 88.4mm
- Approx. 680g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap) Approx. 598g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)