On August 23, 2018, Nikon will unveil their new full frame mirrorless system and lens mount.
The Rumored Specifications via Nikon Rumors:
- Two Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras expected: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility, previously reported in October last year).
- BSI sensors (supposed to be new gen/tech with advanced AF).
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express (ProGrade is coming with a CF Express card).
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP (I am not sure if this is MP or million dots).
- Very good video AF features.
- Video AF could be different for the two mirrorless models (the cheaper version may have less AF goodies).
- AF tracking ability of the 45MP version on par or better compared to the current Sony A7 models.
- Over 400 AF points, not sure about the exact number, it should be somewhere between 430-450. The AF is supposed to be very fast.
- The rear LCD screen is tiltable just like the Nikon D850.
- I see 8K listed in the technical specifications, but it is hard for me to get the translation right – I don't think it's for video, maybe it is for 8K time-lapse just like the D850?
- 4K video.
Nikon Rumors reports that we'll be seeing four more of these teaser videos before the camera system launches.
You can check the teaser video above.