|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Sony will be unveiling the long-awaited Alpha a7s III tomorrow. For now, it appears a lot of the specifications and now images have leaked ahead of tomorrow’s announcement.
Sony Alpha a7s III specifications: (Via SAR)
- New 12MP sensor with fast readout and S-Cinetone color science
- Records FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- Only up to 4k60 will be 10bit 4:2:2 internal.
- Downsampled 1080p from 4K, making this the best 1080p hybrid ever made! No line skipping or pixel binning.
- No internal RAW.
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- No Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- Movie Edit add-on compatibility for Image Stabilization in post
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- Same Sony A7rIV AF system
- New kind of passive (noise-free) cooling system
- UHS-II card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of the two slots takes them both!)
- Fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- The video record button is now on the top of the camera, placed behind the shutter button
- $4000 USD
- Starts shipping in mid-August