|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Nikon Rumors has posted the first rumored specifications of Nikon’s full frame mirrorless cameras.
- Two mirrorless cameras: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility). I assume both cameras are full frame (I did not get a specific confirmation on that).
- Similar body size to the Sony a7 camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount. We already knew that, but the number I was given this time is 55mm. The Z-mount dimensions I reported a few months ago were 49mm for the actual opening and 65.4mm for the entire mount diameter.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses – remember the NOCT trademark and f/0.9 lens patents?
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express – now this is a surprise for me, but it is what I have heard (ProGrade is coming with a CF Express card).
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- Initially, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (I think the 35 and 50mm will be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 25MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd). This is the part I am not sure about because previous tips suggested a Photokina announcement. Maybe we will see the development announcement at the end of July and the official announcement before Photokina. I will try to get a confirmation on the exact announcement date.