Starting today, Samsung is offering a lot of instant rebates on their highly regarded storage solutions. This includes external hard drives, SSDs and much more. All of their instant rebates are active at B&H Photo.
- Samsung 1TB T7 Portable SSD (Titan grey, Blue & Red) $89 (Reg $119)
- Samsung 2TB T7 Portable SSD (Beige, Black & Blue) $149 (Reg $249)
- Samsung 500GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 $59 (Reg $84)
- Samsung 1TB 980 PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD $79 (Reg $119)
- Samsung 1TB 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD with Heatsink $119 (Reg $179)**
- Samsung 2TB 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD $179 (Reg $279)
- Samsung 2TB 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD with Heatsink $189 (Reg $299)**
Internal SSD Drives
- Samsung 1TB 870 EVO SATA III 2.5″ Internal SSD $84 (Reg $119)
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO SATA III 2.5″ Internal SSD $159 (Reg $229)
- Samsung 4TB 870 EVO SATA III 2.5″ Internal SSD $299 (Reg $429)
- Samsung 8TB 870 QVO 2.5″ SATA III Internal SSD $649 (Reg $749)
** Make sure that you have the vertical space to install an M.2 drive with a built-in heatsink. There are a lot of motherboards out there that either have built-in heat sink plates or mount multiple M.2 drives vertically, especially on Mini-ITX motherboards. There are others that put at least one M.2 slot very close to other components.
To remove the heatsink from a Samsung M.2 drive, you will need a P5 screw head and something like a hairdryer to loosen the thermal pads between the heat sink and M.2 drive. If heated enough, you only need your fingers to remove the heat sink plates, do not use a pry tool when doing this, as you risk causing damage to the M.2 drive itself.