Historically, yes that's all
A few are wondering if Canon has any more announcements to make. Usually this is it. There are various events around the world today for the new products, so I don't expect more announcements.
I haven't received any emails from anyone saying to expect another announcement.
What we got right
I like to keep a tally of what we got right and what we got wrong.
Two Tilt-Shift Lenses – Right
We caught wind of 2 lenses about an hour before we did our PMA predictions, very happy we got this one right.
Underwater Camera – Right
– A new source turned out to be right.
SX1 IS in North America – Right
– Reported this a long time ago.
No 1D Replacement – Right
– Reported this a long time ago
No 24-70 or 100-400 Replacements – Right
– We had some rumors for these two lenses, however we did our PMA predictions and went with our solid sources and turned out to be right.
The Bad News
We also have to own up to what didn't come to fruition.
A New Rebel 500D – Wrong
– I think our spec list for the camera is about right, it's just not here for PMA. Possible later in the spring like the Rebel XS last year? We did have a source that said no Rebel for PMA, so we were half right!
35L f/1.4L II – Wrong
– I'm a bit bummed we got this wrong. As I reported a long while ago, the 35L wouldn't be replaced until the new 1Ds. Should have stuck with that source.
A Compact Flash – Wrong
– Makes logical sense, never arrived.
That's life as a rumors site, I try really hard to be right more than I'm wrong. I don't think we can ever bat 1.000, but we'll keep trying.
Thanks for reading!