Keith the master of all things tilt and shift (and more!) released his review of the TS-E 50mm Macro today.
Please check out his review for a multitude of sample photographs and information around the tilt and shift capabilities of what has seemed to turn out to be an exceptional trio of TS-E lenses from Canon.
As a basic 50mm lens the Canon TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro is an excellent sharp manual focus lens, with minimal distortions and a solid build quality warranting the ‘L’ name.
Then again you’re not buying a lens like this just to add to your 50mm lens collection – it’s all the ‘other stuff’ it does that makes you want a specialty lens like this (and the other TS-E lenses).
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- One Aspherical Element
- Air Sphere and Subwavelength Coatings
- Maximum Tilt: +/- 8.5°
- Maximum Shift: +/- 12mm
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 10.6″
- Maximum Magnification: 0.5x