|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Peak Design’s Travel Line Reinvents One-Bag Travel
Travel Backpack 45L and Packing Tools Offer Infinite Customization
San Francisco, CA (July 23, 2018) – Peak Design, the leader in crowdfunding and best-in-class carry solutions, is proud to unveil the first products in their Travel Line: the Travel Backpack 45L and complete system of Packing Tools. With a focus on versatility, organization, and access, the Travel Line aims to satisfy a simple design directive: no two trips are the same, so the best luggage should adapt to them all.
Peak Design was founded during a trip and has grown into a team of prolific travelers who understand life on the road. The Travel Line combines Peak Design’s travel experience with their expertise, innovation, and design philosophies honed through their massively successful photography and everyday bag lines.
The hero of the Travel Line is the Travel Backpack 45L, a carry-on-sized backpack that boasts a collection of best-in- class travel functionality. In addition to full rear access for easy packing, the bag features dual side access, top access to laptop/tablet, and a dedicated front-access organization panel for smaller items. Beefy shoulder and waist straps stowe instantly beneath a magnetically sealed back pad. Expansion zips allow the bag to grow to 45L check-in size, while an innovative compression snap system shrinks the bag down to a 35L daypack. Thoughtful details include 360-degree grab handles, a duffle/luggage carry handle, theft-deterrent zips, hidden passport pockets, a soft- lined sunglasses pocket and tuck-away external carry compression straps. The Travel Backpack comes with a weatherproof 400D nylon canvas shell made from 100% recycled plastics and available in black or sage colorways.
Peak Design Founder and CEO, Peter Dering, rarely stays in any one place longer than two weeks: “From day one, travel has been a primary inspiration to us as photographers, designers, and adventurers. Living on the road is part of our DNA as a brand, and we couldn’t be more excited to have built a set of travel gear that truly adapts to the endless variety of trips we take.”
Accompanying the Travel Backpack is a feature-rich system of Packing Tools that provide endlessly customizable organization and protection of clothes, shoes, toiletries, tech items and photo/video gear. Designed to fit perfectly in Peak Design travel bags, each cube or pouch offers easy access, thoughtful organization, durable materials and a consistent aesthetic cleanliness.
Each Packing Tool was designed from the onset as a standalone product, intended to push their respective category forward with unique patterns, features and innovation. Art Viger, Lead Designer at Peak Design, commented on the system: “When you travel, the things you carry become your home on the road. Each and every one of the pouches and cubes are designed to work as a fluid ecosystem that can be easily re-configured for any type of trip.”
The new Travel Backpack (MSRP: $299.95) and Packing Cubes, will be available on Kickstarter (peakdesign.com/ks) for a pre-sale discount beginning July 23, 2018. The system will then be available for purchase online at peakdesign.com and through major retailers in time for the 2018 holiday season.
About Peak Design
Since 2010, Peak Design has been building innovative carry solutions with a simple overarching design directive: make the best things. The idea for our first product was born on a motorcycle trip through Southeast Asia and has since expanded to include a cross-functional ecosystem of bags, pouches, slings, straps, and clips. We’ve won applause along the way, but we’re most proud of the fact that we’re 100% crowdfunded and 100% employee-owned. We’ve raised $15.6 Million through 8 Kickstarter campaigns, allowing Peak Design to stay investor-free and focused on the things that matter most: designing great products, fostering happy employees, and taking care of our customers and the natural environment. Learn more at peakdesign.com
45L Travel Backpack
Available on Kickstarter for a Limited Time: $235
- Full back panel-load access for packing
- Dual zippered side hatches for instant camera access
- Quick tablet & laptop access
- Dedicated front organization panel
- Soft-lined sunglasses pocket
- Hidden passport/document pockets
- Bag sits upright on floor when packed or empty
Expansion & Compression
- Maximum international carry on size in normal 35L state
- Expansion zip gives additional 10L of storage (45L max)
- Compressible down to 30L day bag size
- Expandable side pockets for water bottles, tripods
- Tuck-away external carry compression straps
- Rigidly supported sidewalls for easy packing
- Zippered dividing panel separates bag into 2 compartments, or stows away for 1 large volume
- Front organization panel contains 4 zippered mesh pockets for smaller items
- Mount Camera Cubes (sold separately) internally for back or side access to photo, drone, or video gear
- Protected luggage tag holder
Comfort & Portability
- Magnetic strap storage system
- 360-degree grab handles
- Full-size padded hip belt with additional pockets and attachment points for Capture & Range Pouch (sold separately)
- Axial strap attachments for shoulder & hip straps give constant comfort for all body types and carry loads
- Proprietary sternum strap
- Luggage pass-through and duffel grab handle
- Back panel folds under for increased ventilation & comfort
- 400D weatherproof 100% recycled nylon canvas shell
- DWR impregnated, PU-coated interior for water resistance
- Oversized #8 (front, side) and #10 (back) main zips are weatherproof and lockable
- Rugged 900D weatherproof bottom liner
- Ultralight padded foam provides security, structure, and aesthetic cleanliness around entire bag
Packing Cubes (sold separately):
Packing Cubes (MSRP: Sm – $29.95, Md – $39.95) – Compressible, easy to access, and dividable, Peak Design Packing Cubes are available in 2 sizes. A tear-away main zip lets you access contents instantly, and an internal divider allows separation of clean and dirty clothes. An expansion/compression zip doubles available space or compresses clothes so you can fit more in your bag.
Wash Pouch (MSRP: $59.95) – Dedicated, easy-to-clean pockets for toothbrush and razor. Hangs or sits upright on sink for easy access in tight spaces. Unique folding pocket layout keeps toiletries neatly organized and easy to find.
Tech Pouch (MSRP: $59.95) – Designed to store small items like cables, cards, batteries, and travel essentials, Tech Pouch’s unique origami-style pockets create enormous spatial efficiency. Pack more into a smaller space, yet keep all items organized and easy to find.
Camera Cubes (MSRP: Sm – $49.95, Md – $69.95, Lg – $89.95) – Camera Cubes provide protection, organization, and instant access to camera, video, and drone gear. Securely mount Camera Cubes inside the Travel Backpack and access your gear via the rear or side zips. Tuck-away lids let you access camera gear from outside of the bag via a single zip, while a system of intelligently designed dividers allows for endless organization and customization.
Shoe Pouch (MSRP: $24.95) – An ultralight, durable, weatherproof pouch for shoes or additional clothing storage.
Rain Fly (MSRP: $29.95) – Provides complete waterproof protection to an already weatherproof bag. Rain Fly is made of durable, ultralight 200D rip-stop nylon, adjusts via cinch cord for snug form-fit, and stuffs into a convenient storage pocket.