The Universal Lens Hood is the world’s first all-fitting, multi-functional lens hood that’s easy to pack, install and use.
It's designed to fit over 99% of camera lenses and remain compatible with any lens’ focal length/range without creating vignetting in the corners of the frame, which means less gear to carry around and more room in your bag.
It removes glares and reflections when shooting through windows and holds any size circular filter, allowing you to use your largest filters with your smallest lenses.
Truly a universal, durable and multi-functional product backed by a lifetime replacement warranty from the company that has set out to keep photography gear KUVRD (pronounced ‘covered').
Learn more about the KURVD Universal Lens Hood
KUVRD’s Universal Lens Hood enhances workflow by:
- Collapsing down in a millisecond to pack and store virtually anywhere…
- Easily stretching and fitting over 99% of lenses while remaining compatible to any lens’ focal length without creating vignetting in the corners of the frame in order to travel around with less gear and more room in bags.
- Never falling off while being quicker to remove than normal lens hoods, eliminating the fear of losing or forgetting it somewhere while saving time in the process.
- Removing glares/reflections when shooting through windows, providing more possibilities for amazing shots and saving time in post-processing not having to remove said glares/reflections.
- Holding any size circular filter, enabling one to use the largest ND, VND, CPL or UV filter with his/her smallest size lens, broadening creativity while keeping money in the pocket and freeing up time during shoots.
- Folding it down fully to surround the lens’ barrel, providing a shell of better protection for the lens while maintaining total access to and usage of the lens’ dials, switches and rings.
KUVRD’s Universal Lens Hood provides peace of mind by:
- Being engineered and manufactured of the highest grade hyper-elastic silicone polymers, creating the strongest and most versatile lens hood possible in order to keep pace with the craziest adventures in the gnarliest conditions.
- Being double-coated in their patented lint-resistant silicone dioxide spray that makes it easy to wash and rinse off after a grimy use and restore the lens hood to looking brand new.
- Including with it their Lifetime Replacement Warranty that covers any defect to the Universal Lens Hood’s functionality so regardless of what or even when a problem occurs, KUVRD has committed to taking care of it and replacing it with a brand new one, for free… forever.
Customers can pre-order the Universal Lens Hood on Kickstarter for up to 50% off.
Pricing starts at $25 for a Universal Lens Hood and comes with a Lifetime Replacement Warranty that covers any defects that ever occur to their lens hood’s functionality.
At the time of this writing, KUVRD’s Universal Lens Hood has raised over $145,000 from 3,450 backers through its crowdfunding campaign, having shipped out a handful of golden samples to early supporters and high-profile photographers with great initial feedback.
Photo/Videographers are raving about the Universal Lens Hood
“Having it work on all my lenses and also pack anywhere in my bag just blows me away”
– Mike Biggins / Brand Photographer –
“I’d recommend The Universal Lens Hood to any filmmaker for two reasons. First, because of the ability to shoot through any glass or window. For years I’ve been filming construction and architecture. The ability to shoot through glass and not worry about reflections is huge. Have you ever tried filming out of an airplane window at night? Not happening. But with the Universal Lens Hood, all reflections and worries are swept away. Second, if you’re a run and gun filmmaker like me, less can be more. I typically don’t have the manpower or time to be worrying about matching my UV or my ND filter to my exact lens. Some of my lenses I don’t even have an ND for. KUVRD’s Lens Hood solves that issue by allowing me to use one ND or UV filter for any of my lenses. I highly recommend this product and will be using it for as long as I’m filming… aka, forever.“
– Douglas Steed / Filmmaker & Architectural Videographer –
KUVRD (pronounced ‘covered'), is a Utah-based startup with an ongoing passion for outfitting modern explorers to move forward with less. Going on two and half years, KUVRD is doing just that by designing innovative camera accessories like their Universal Lens Caps and Camera Straps and successfully funding them on Kickstarter & Indiegogo.
Their goal from the beginning has been to create tools that help eliminate photo/videographer's anxieties and enhance their workflow. Now, more than ever before, they are thrilled to state that they have “done it again” with their most innovative product yet; The Universal Lens Hood.
Interesting. I rarely if ever use a lens hood, as that they just take up so much room when trying to pack a bag tight with equipment already.
However, I hear a lot of people out there use lens hoods a LOT as a protective device for their lenses, and well, this rubber one just wouldn't do that.
I missed the early birds, but this thing is only $30 for 1 or $50 for 2 of them.....might be worth a try.
The part about it acing as a sort of "universal" filter holder might prove interesting....hmm.
For those saying it doesn't protect - isn't the primary function of a lens hood to block unwanted light reflections? I would think a purely protective hood would already be generic, even from lens manufacturers.
Plus, if you are like me and want to travel as light as possible, then this seems to be a good option. I rarely take the lens hood when I travel by plane somewhere, so I might just with something like this.
Plus the idea of using it to protect your camera as you change a lens, or put it down, is neat too.
Plus I'm sure you can use it to protect your hand from your overheating R5 so it has that going for it too..... I guess once it emerges from the EOSHD fridge it might be RIGID though ;-) (You are welcome)
See below link from Taobao:
4.0fu致内容$hKxHc4n3JUG$打開τa0寳或掂击炼接 https://m.tb.cn/h.VyiEA91?sm=4abab3 至浏.览览.器【金属环软橡胶三用软胶伸缩遮光罩49/52/55/58/62/67/72/77/MM】
I have one of this for blocking reflections when shoot through windows https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...rderId=8012351208758626&productId=33031511319
Agreed. I love how one feature is it won't be seen in corners or cause vignetting, but the ones tailor made for each lens will. Or completely ignoring the protective benefits of a rigid hood. And they just don't look aesthetically pleasing at all for me personally. I only see this for someone how normally doesn't use a hood...but then wouldn't they just keep not using a hood?
Fits any lens except those it doesn't fit. Universal!
RF Lenses with control ring :unsure:
'The only lens hood you'll ever need' universal, that will be why they have two versions :giggle:
I agree that this product is a sales / marketing gimmic and another photo gizmo that looks useful until about 5 mins of using it on a shoot.
I think the "removes glare" should read "can reduce glare". I also don't understand the blanket statement of "can use any sized CPL"...that's a very broad statement. I've had a Sigma 105mm CPL, a 150mm CPL from wunapanna but currently use both 82mm, 77mm and 72mm CPLs depending whihc lens I'm using. I'd rather have a dedicated CPL for each lens...just in case i break or drop one...I'm then not stuffed for the day.
You missed the point......
This link you have to buy one hood for each size.
I fall into the latter group....in my office I have piles of the solid hoods.
I just never use them, they take up too much room when packing gear that I could use better for things I directly need to shoot images (digital and film).
I especially think of this when I'm shooting concert festivals (hope we get back to having those)....but I have to carry one bag all day with all bodies and lenses I need for the day. No room for lens hoods.
So, I might actually use these.
My lens protection is "me"....paying attention to where my camera and lenses are hanging....so, far, so good.
As far the vignetting ,etc....I don't think they made the claim that these rubber ones would not and the custom ones would....I didn't see that anywhere....I just saw that with the rubber ones, you could pop them in/out so that it would not be seen by the lens it was on.
I might use a hood if it collapsed fully and didn't take up much room in my bag...and that I could use one to fit on any given lens I had that day....
I might get 1-2 of them...only like $50/2 so, it isn't like its breaking the bank....I have bar tabs MUCH higher than that on any given night...hahaha.
Anyway, interesting conversation.
How many here actually regularly USE their lens hoods?
I honestly can't ever think of a time I have used one.