The first image and specifications for the Canon EOS M50 have leaked out.
I noticed a few things about this release that really caught my eye.
- A new RAW format? I wonder what .CR3 is going to bring us.
- DIGIC 8 already? Canon must have made a breakthrough in processing speeds.
- New generation sensor? The EOS M50 sensor is 24.1mp, the previous APS-C sensor from Canon is 24.2mp
EOS M50 Specifications: (Google Translated)
- 24.1 Megapixels APS-C CMOS (New sensor? EOS M5 is 24.2mp)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- DIGIC 8
- 4K Video
- Standard ISO: 100-25600 (extended ISO: 51200)
- Continuous: Up to 10 frames / sec (at servo AF: up to 7.4 frames / sec)
- EVF: 2.36 million dot organic EL
- 3 type 104 million dots Bali angle touch panel liquid crystal
- Wi-Fi · Bluetooth · NFC installed
- Supports the next-generation CR3 RAW format and the new C-RAW compression format
- The C-RAW format is 40% smaller in file size than conventional RAW, and it corresponds to in – camera RAW
- Development and digital lens optimizer
- The body is available in black or white
- Preorders start on February 27, 2018
- Pricing? We've been told it's around the current EOS M6 prices.
- This is not a camera above the EOS M5.
Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.