The first image and specifications for the Canon EOS M50 have leaked out.
I noticed a few things about this release that really caught my eye.
- A new RAW format? I wonder what .CR3 is going to bring us.
- DIGIC 8 already? Canon must have made a breakthrough in processing speeds.
- New generation sensor? The EOS M50 sensor is 24.1mp, the previous APS-C sensor from Canon is 24.2mp
EOS M50 Specifications: (Google Translated)
- 24.1 Megapixels APS-C CMOS (New sensor? EOS M5 is 24.2mp)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- DIGIC 8
- 4K Video
- Standard ISO: 100-25600 (extended ISO: 51200)
- Continuous: Up to 10 frames / sec (at servo AF: up to 7.4 frames / sec)
- EVF: 2.36 million dot organic EL
- 3 type 104 million dots Bali angle touch panel liquid crystal
- Wi-Fi · Bluetooth · NFC installed
- Supports the next-generation CR3 RAW format and the new C-RAW compression format
- The C-RAW format is 40% smaller in file size than conventional RAW, and it corresponds to in – camera RAW
- Development and digital lens optimizer
- The body is available in black or white
- Preorders start on February 27, 2018
- Pricing? We’ve been told it’s around the current EOS M6 prices.
- This is not a camera above the EOS M5.