More information about the upcoming Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II has appeared over at DCI.
- Pricing is rumored to be about 275,000 yen, which translated to nearly $2300 USD, though these conversions are rarely accurate for a North American price.
- The lens should start shipping in the middle of October 2015.
- New techniques used for the aspherical lenses.
- The BR Lens is Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics. Which will refract the light in the blue spectrum. This should help control chromatic aberrations.
- There looks to be new techniques used for weather and dust sealing, as well as increased resistance to impacts. This may be the most durable lens Canon has made yet.
You can read more over at DCI, as the above is Google translated.
Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.