|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Here is some info from the latest revision as of last week on the Pro Camera Product:
- Dual ASIC Components for real time 12MP Scaling to 1080p 60-30-24 4:2:2 color space with uncompressed 4:4:4 over optional attachment module.
- Spec shows CMOS sensor capable of windowed mode for use with large 20x video zooms.Ã‚Â 1/3 windowed mode will yield 1080p without binning.
- Canon is still developing CCD tech and will introduce products in pro and semi-pro markets. CCD will still be used in many pro video and enterprise products. CMOS will be a complementary product to the pro video line.
- Overcrank will be limited to 60p, nothing higher with a 48p option.
- No global shutter for the CMOS. It will offer better performance than any competing product.
- Timelapse feature recorded 4:4:4 12.1MP on JPEG sequences to SD card. Programmable from one frame a minute to one hour.
- Programmable settings can be transferred on SD card for several cameras. Cinema, WB and K options can be set by SD also.
- Quicktime Wrapper format like that in the 5D Mark II.
- Sensitivity down to 1.5 lux with excellent noise performance. Still in testing!
- Dual phantom power XLR 48khz 24bit inputs. 4 XLR with optional module.
- Work is being done simultaneously on a portable 2/3 fixed lens version. Sensor will be smaller to accommodate a 14x zoom.
- 5D Mark II might get Av mode but not shutter control in video. Rumor I’ve heard twice now.