|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Yes, this is Canon Rumors, but a new D4 probably matters to a lot people that require cameras like the D4 and 1D X.
The 1D X to have competition soon?
Nikon Rumors has posted specs of an upcoming D4. They claim it’ll be announced before CES/PMA in January. The 1D X is no longer alone.
Don’t expect a quick to market product, I’m not sure you can even buy XQD cards yet!
- 16.2 MP
- 11 fps
- 100-102,400 native ISO range, expandable to 50 and 204,800
- CF + XQD memory card slots! That’s right, the Nikon D4 will have the new Compact Flash XQD memory card slot.
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Face detection/recognition function that will be working in the viewfinder (maybe some type of a hybrid viewfinder? Nikon had several related patents)
- Improved video, I have no other details on that but my guess is 1080p/30/25/24 and 720p/60/30/25/24 similar to the Nikon D800
- Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording
- Improved 51 AF points
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0 (the D3s went to EV -1)
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
Source: Nikon Rumors