Nikon is getting ready to officially announce the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera body. It's rumoured that Nikon will make an official announcement next week.
Nikon Z 9 Rumored Specifications from Nikon Rumors
- 8256 x 5504px resolution that confirms a 45MP stacked sensor (it is interesting to note that Canon decided to go with a 24MP sensor for their R3 camera).
- The Z9 will be capable of up to 120 fps in a lower res file size (6Mb I think). Some reports even indicated 160 fps!
- Built-in GPS – probably GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
- The Z9 will use the same battery as D6. There will be also a new 18-type battery (EN-EL18x) that can be charged by the camera’s USB-C.
- The sensor has a multi-leaf blade protective shutter that auto covers the sensor when switched off/changing lens to stop dust and dirt on naked sensor.
- The Z9 will have car autofocus in addition to animal and people AF as well as low light -7 EV.
- Improved 3D tracking.
- An improved articulated screen that even works in portrait mode – is a completely new design.
- New style locking flap for the two CFExpress memory cards.
- Third joystick/selector added to use whilst camera close face and shooting.
- Many new menu features to tweak and match your shooting style.
- The shutter release sound level can be adjusted from silent to loud… so you can still get that D6 machine gun sound…
Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.