|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
A few patents showing optical formula for lenses with 1″ sensors have come to light. We expect to see some PowerShot cameras announced ahead of CES 2017 in January.
We haven’t received word on which PowerShot cameras will see a replacement announced, but we think at least one “G” camera will see an update.
The patents are after the break.
Canon 10.2-30.6mm f/2.0-4.9
- Patent Publication No. 2016-161889
- Published 2016.9.5
- Filing date 2015.3.5
- Zoom ratio 2.85
- Focal length 10.50 19.76 29.90
- F-number 2.06 4.30 5.01
- Half angle of view (degrees) 31.44 21.76 14.78
- The image height 6.42 7.89 7.89
- Overall length of the lens 52.34 49.73 53.96
- BF 7.48 5.72 5.08
- Inner focus
- Vibration control
Canon 13-65mm f/2-5.8
- Patent Publication No. 2016-166972
- Published 2016.9.15
- Filing date 2015.3.10
- Read more here