Update: New information in bold.
I have been told that the next Cinema camera Canon announces is likely called the “Cinema EOS C300 Mark III”.
Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark III information:
- Most likely will be called C300 Mk III (almost 100% confirmed)
- It has the same body as the C500 Mk II and uses the same accessories
- Just as the C500 Mk II, it has the same optical axis as the C200 and C700 cameras, so the bridge plates, shoulder mounts, and rod supports are the same
- It sports a 4K super 35 sensor with the capability of recording 4K120 without crop in Cinema RAW Light format
- It also has a “dual ISO” function when recording in XF-AVC
- It has an anamorphic de-squeeze function and false-color built in for monitoring (with the C300 Mk II you had to use an external monitor with these functions)
- New Super35 sensor, developed from scratch
- 4K up to 120p with Dual Pixel AF, 2K up to 150p
Canon will also reportedly announced a new Cinema lens alongside the new camera body.