Reikan has released a major update to its fully automated autofocus tuning software FoCal which provides autofocus fine tuning for both Nikon and Canon digital SLR cameras. Version 2 includes a unique ability for users to compare test results directly against results from other FoCal users around the world, helping to answer the age old question, “Is my camera/lens a good copy?”.
Other highlighted features for Version 2 are routines to determine lens optical performance with an astigmatism metric and a large number of changes to the user interface to make calibration faster and FoCal easier to use.
To give you an idea of what’s new in FoCal 2, here’s a few of the most important features:
- Compare your results with other FoCal users – with FoCal 2, you can now compare the results of your tests with the results from thousands of other FoCal users to see how your equipment is really performing.
- Review your previous tests – you can review the detailed results of previous tests you’ve run for comparison. This includes most of the tests you’ve run with FoCal 1 as well.
- Improved Reports – the reports are now more concise, grouping relevant information together and showing more information that matters.
- Faster Results – get accurate results in less time with the new analysis algorithms in FoCal 2.
- More Information – you can dig deeper into the performance of your camera and lens with the extra information such as Astigmatism Factor, as well as reviewing more details about each shot taken.
- User Interface Improvements – the user interface is easier to understand, with new tabbed windows, more logical operation and comprehensive keyboard control.
- Voice Prompts – FoCal 2 even talks to you! Calibrate any camera without needing to sit looking at the computer screen – any changes you might need to make at the camera are spoken out loud.
- Free Upgrade – When fully released, FoCal 2 will be a free upgrade for all holders of a FoCal 1 license, so there’s nothing more to pay to get all these new features!