|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Bryan at The-Digital-Picture has completed his review of Canon’s latest mirrorless offering, the EOS M6.
As expected, the new mirrorless camera from Canon is quite capable, though not the groundbreaking advancement a lot of folks are after.
If you have been waiting to jump into a Canon MILC and an APS-C sensor format works for you, the EOS M6 should be a great choice.
While one may feel a tendency to treat a camera of this size as a point and shoot model, using it only for those still-important snapshot opportunities that pop up (it works extremely well for these) would mean underutilizing a highly-capable camera. The M6 has an excellent AF system (intelligent, quickly controllable and good speed) and an impressive set of features and controls. While a complete beginner can employ this camera to capture high quality images with little effort, the advanced user who takes the time to learn this camera’s features will have great control over their imagery. Whether it is tucked into a pocket or in camera case for backup purposes or used as a primary camera, the M6 is a little camera that deserves some serious attention. Read the full review
It’s likely a tough choice between the EOS M5 and the EOS M6, but in both cases, you’re going to get a capable APS-C mirrorless camera that will be as familiar to use as your EOS DSLR or G series PowerShot.
Order the Canon EOS M6
- Canon EOS M6 Body Black: B&H Photo | MPEX | Amazon | Park (UK)
- Canon EOS M6 Body Silver: B&H Photo | MPEX | Amazon | Park (UK)
- Canon EOS M6 w/15-45 IS STM Black: B&H Photo | MPEX | Amazon | Park (UK)
- Canon EOS M6 w/15-45 IS STM Silver: B&H Photo | MPEX | Amazon | Park (UK)
- Canon EOS M6 w/18-150 IS STM Black: B&H Photo | MPEX | Amazon | Park (UK)
- Canon EOS M6 w/18-150 IS STM Silver: B&H Photo | MPEX | Adorama | Amazon