Announced at RØDEShow 2017, Freedman Electronics' 50th anniversary celebration, the VideoMic Pro+ is set to prove that RØDE Microphones has yet again upped the game for the prosumer filmmaker.
Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features:
- Automatic Power Function (subject to plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze – plus it won't get lost.
- Power Options – the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching – will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times. The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning.
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording.
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur.
“The VideoMic Pro+ is a new benchmark in on-camera microphones,” comments Damien Wilson, RØDE and Freedman Group CEO. “We have listened to our customers and are delivering the microphone they've asked for, with features such as the Built-in Battery Door, Automatic Power Function and a Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, included in the box.”
The VideoMic Pro+ ships with the LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 3.5mm TRS Cable, Micro USB Cable; includes RØDE's 10-year warranty and is now available at authorized RØDE dealers. For more information please visit www.rode.com/microphones/videomicproplus