Sigma issued a service notice (from Sigma Japan) regarding a Live View issue withthe Canon EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R camera bodies and some Sigma zoom lenses.
When the Live View Mode button on the camera body is pressed, the operation stops without displaying images on the rear LCD monitor.
- If your lens was updated to be compatible with the EOS 760D / 750D, then it will also work with the 5DS / 5DS R. Otherwise you will have to send it to Sigma for a free firmware update.
- Lenses shipped after May 11, 2015, already have the new firmware and will work in Live View with any current Canon DSLR.
- Users of the 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports – the only Global Vision lens to be affected by this issue, see list below – can do this at home using the USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro.
Full list of affected lenses after the break.
Affected lenses (Current)
- Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM – No. 12651501 or later
- Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM – No. 13044001 or later
- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM – No. 12713001 or later
- Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12902001 or later
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports – No. 50064494 to 50347793
- Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12669751 or later
Affected Lenses (Discontinued)
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM – No. 12665001 or later
- Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM – No. 12851001 or later
- Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM – No. 12656101 or later
- Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 APO EX DC OS HSM – No. 12839001 or later
- Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM – No. 12676440 or later
- Sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 APO DG OS HSM – No. 12971601 or later