We’ve confirmed from a very solid source one of the worst kept secrets for 2020, that Canon will announce the EOS-1D X Mark III. The same source gave us a few tidbits of information about what could possibly be coming in the new flagship DSLR.
- It’s likely the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will shoot 6K video without a crop.
- Dual CFExpress cards are in the prototype models and will likely make it to the production version.
- There will be a “significant jump in resolution for an EOS-1 series camera”. The EOS-1D X was 18.1mp and the EOS-1D X Mark II came in at 20.2mp. So I guess anything over a 2mp bump could be considered “significant” to some.
- New DIGIC processor. Canon doesn’t usually introduce a new DIGIC processor in the EOS-1D series, but that will apparently change this time.
- IBIS is in prototype cameras
We weren’t given an idea on when we could expect an announcement, but we’ll update you as soon as someone sheds some light on that.