The Canon EOS R3 has appeared for certification in Thailand along with some older Canon accessories. I'm not sure what the Speedlite 600EX II-RX is, as the Speedlite 600EX II-RT exists. There are a lot of older Canon accessories on the certification list below, so it's probably much ado about nothing.
There is no new information to gather from this certification, but we'll see the Canon EOS R3 officially announced in September.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 24mp backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
- Announcement in September 2021
And let me just say that the 24MP sensor on the R3 (if that leaked spec turns out to be true) is not a hindrance on the product. The stacked BSI sensor is a new design for Canon, so expecting them to have a super high MP sensor with every other benefit the new sensor design brings is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I would have liked to see a 30MP sensor, but then again the R3 isn't going up against the Sony A1 or Nikon Z9.
Agreed, doesn't make any sense Canon would hide the MP count for this long, only to underwhelm with 24. Either Canon's marketing is the stupidest in the world, or CR is wrong. I'm betting the latter.
there's rumours (its a rumour) that the next A9 release would have a 30Mpx sensor. Looking at Sony's trend, they do use same sensor for 2 gen, A9 and A9II used the same and I do expect the 3rd gen to have a new sensor.
I think it'll be a poor decision for Canon to put so much of effort and later finding themselves in a really tight competitive situation if A9III released with 30Mpx, 30 fps etc.