|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
A small bit of information I did recently receive was about the blackout and/or lag that is present in the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 EVF when shooting still images. It’s not a huge deal for a lot of shooters, but I have seen various critiques about the lag present in the Canon EOS R5 being a bit annoying in certain shooting situations.
I have been told that the Canon EOS R3 will not experience any issues with blackout and/or lag. The new image sensor in the Canon EOS R3 likely has a much faster readout than that of the EOS R5 or EOS R6.
The Canon EOS R3 is expected to be announced in September 2021.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 24mp backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress