|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
RICOH COMPANY, LTD. and RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. have been developing a new PENTAX K-series digital SLR camera, which will be positioned as the flagship model of the APS-C-format SLR lineup.
Currently, in development, the new camera now has its official name: the PENTAX K-3 Mark III.
Designed to be a camera embodying The Five Principles of PENTAX, it will incorporate an array of functions and features to highlight the significance of SLR photography, and to optimize the joy taking pictures for everyone with a passion for photography.
The product prototype was exhibited last year during the PENTAX 100th Year Anniversary event. At the event, we announced that it would be launched by the end of 2020 — and it is now in the final stage of development. Once the development is complete, we will streamline the camera’s production system. It has taken a bit longer than expected, so we appreciate your patience and wish to share already an overview of the product, as per the specifications below.
We’ll provide you with more product information, such as the scheduled market launch date, as soon as the information is confirmed. Finally, we invite you to visit our RICOH IMAGING website for more information on the new PENTAX APS-C-format digital SLR flagship and to get ready for the arrival of this new camera, which we expect to set a new standard for the future of SLR photography.
Overview of the new product in development:
- Product name: PENTAX K-3 Mark III
- Launch date: scheduled around the period of the CP+ camera exhibition, which will be held from February 25 to 28 in 2021.
- Price: Not decided
The five principles of PENTAX:
- We design new cameras through sheer devotion.
- Our goal is to produce cameras with the power to capture images that allow for direct communication with the subject.
- We design cameras that allow our users to enjoy all the processes involved in taking a picture.
- We pursue a level of quality and performance that can’t be measured by numbers alone.
- We respect and value the photographic experiences of our users and view this as an invaluable asset.