I was also told that we’ll see at least two compact cine lenses, and possibly a third. No focal lengths were mentioned.
- Price: sub $15,000 – possible down to $10,000
- Image quality: Alexa good
- SDI outs
- XLRs (audio)
- Piviting & detachable monitors and grips
- PL mount and EF mount options
- Resolution – 4k capture, 2k recording
There will be no DSLR announcement on November 3, 2011. This is a video only announcement. However, there could be “EF” and “EOS” branding involved.
I was told Vincent Laforet has been shooting promo material with the new camera in the Los Angeles area. However, he was NOT shooting with a DSLR.