|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Panasonic TS1 & Pentax W80 Added
DPReview has added to their underwater camera reviews. I’m glad to see the Pansonic added.
The winner? A tie between the Canon D10 and Panasonic TS1.
My Little Review:
I have used both cameras quite extensively and find them both to be great performers.
I prefer the Canon D10 for 4 reasons:
1) Flash performance is better. The larger flash and position contribute to above average performance.
2) The Canon menu system, I’m just used to it.
3) The 33 feet depth rating. I live around some deep water and get down there sometimes.
4) It’s cheaper (before you add the accessory kit).
*Side Note: Dear Canon, why on earth do I have to pay $149 CAD to change the color of my Canon D10?
You should provide retailers with a display stand with the different colors and charge about $30 each for them. Retailers would get a margin booster and I wouldn’t have to feel I’m wasting money for colors I don’t want.
I prefer the Panasonic TS1 for 2 reasons:
1) The HD video. It’s very decent quality.
2) The slim design. It’s a lot more convenient than the D10. I do like the moveable wrist strap on the D10. I’d still prefer it to be slimmer though.