From NAB 2011
Apple took some time to show off the next Final Cut Pro in Las Vegas. It will be dubbed Final Cut Pro X.
- Dynamically handle massive quantities of media, resolution independent playback. full color managed based on ColorSync. Grand Central Dispatch, using all cores and background rendering (via @reximilian, and @robimbs)
- Allows you to edit as you are importing, you don’t have to wait to ingest. (via robimbs)
- Background rendering is built in. No more “writing video” dialog box (via @dbax)
- Content auto analysis, meaning it can auto detect most media and when it imports can auto image stabilize. On import it can: People Detection, Shot Detection, Auto Color Balance, Audio Cleanup (via @rexmilian)
- Inline Precision Editor: click on an edit and it shows unused footage on both clips of the edit to help you trim (@rexmilian)
- the Auto Analyze will make Search Folders that know what has people in it, or CloseUps or Wide Shots.
- Tagging clips let’s you tag only specific parts of the clip to tage with keyword or favorite
- Timeline Index: list of every clip on your timeline in order and let’s you search by name or tag (via @reximilian)
- Automatically analysis audio and can sync audio with similar audio. Simple audio keyframing, tweaking the audio is much easier. Trimming clips, the Magnetic Timeline makes complicated edits easier.
- Instant render in the background all the time, does not at all effect editing. (@robimbs)
- Built in color matching. Match clip colors from two different cams very fast. That got BIG applause. (@comebackshane)
- Automatic audio clean up on the way. Options to rid hum, rumble, etc. on the way in. Range-based keywording. You can select ranges inside your clip and apply keywords to those ranges instead of just keywording the clip. No subclipping necessary. Smart collections: Categorizes things like media types (audio, stills), how many people are in shots and how those shots are framed. Smart collections looks very iMovie-ish. (via PhotographyBay)
- Clip Connections: Audio and Video and be locked together and be one clip on a timeline (no longer a V1 and A1 A2 track). Can lock audio clips with specific video clip, so if moved on timeline they stay synched (via @reximilian)
- “Compound Clips”: collapse chunks of media into a single clip on the timeline. How nesting always should have worked. (via @fcpsupermeet).
- Shipping in June on App Store. $299.
- No mention of Final Cut Studio or Final Cut Express.