Oh...the pictures look awful...you have to open them
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
I had the original, while a good lens it was HEAVY and not really all that convenient for travel due to the size
I got used to the push pull system although I have to say I prefer not to have push pull
I found f5.6 too slow and 300mm not long enough I used the kenko 1.4 TC on it with a 1D to extend the reach
and it was acceptable too
I eventually sold it
Perhaps if the hypothetical mk II you suggest had the following
- made from engineering plastic like the 100 f2.8L and 24-70 mk2 the weight would come down alot
- ring type zoom instead of push pull
- Hybrid IS
- and a macro mode similar to the 24-70 f4L it might be a better travel lens
- An integrated lens hood like the 300f4L and 400f5.6L would be really sweet too.
- Possibly make it f4.5 on the long end instead of 5.6? say f2.8 to f4.5 instead of f3.5 to f5.6