Last month I reported on Canon’s lens roadmap for the remainder of 2020 and likely into 2022. That report included the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, and descriptions of the lenses that turned out to be correct.
I still get a lot of questions about the roadmap going forward, so I figured I’d post a reminder about what to expect and add this information to the menu on the left so you can come back to it easily.
Canon RF Tilt-Shift Lenses:
- Canon TS-R 14mm f/4L
- Canon TS-R 24mm f/3.5L
These lenses will be the first tilt-shift lenses to have autofocus.
Canon RF Zoom Lenses:
- Canon RF 10-24mm f/4L USM
- Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 18-45mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (Announced November 4, 2020)
- Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM
Canon RF Prime Lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM (Announced November 4, 2020)
- Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM
Canon RF Macro Lenses:
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Canon RF Super Telephoto Lenses:
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 500mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon RF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
- Canon RF 1200mm f/8L IS USM
This may not be a complete list of upcoming lenses for the Canon RF mount for 2020 and beyond. While the original source told me that these lenses were initially scheduled to arrive by the end of 2021, there may be delays for obvious reasons. That said, I think Canon will do their best to make a huge splash ahead of the Tokyo Olympic Games next year.
More to come…