It's income tax refund time. If the 5D3 had come in $1K cheaper, I could have stretched for it, but with other places for a busy family to put its money- it ain't gonna happen this time around. So, to replace my Rebel XT I've decided to just get another Rebel for now.
Sure, I could buy a 60D, 7D or even a 5D2, but they're not the cameras I want, and- (let's be realistic) as a hobbyist with other interests- I can make do with a 650D. Maybe next year I can spin the Rebel down to one of my kids and get the camera I really
With that decision essentially made- the question becomes- pull the trigger now on a T3i or wait for the upgrade? I'm getting conflicting information about a release date... the T3i rebates were extended, yet the literature for the new camera is apparently already out there.
Anybody have any good rumours, mysterious african safari pics, manuals on Amazon, leaked prototype photos? (Just doesn't have the same caché, does it?)