I'm really thinking about trying this.
Is there now a better, straightforward, one stop to find it…guide to installing Magic Lantern on a 5D3?
Last time I started looking into it, I found out of date guides, wrong versions….and read through about 300 posts on the forums and I still didn't really feel safe in trying to install this.
So, does anyone have links to a simple at least fairly up to date install guide with steps laid out 1,2,3,4…n?
Last time I was reading through, I thought about disarming a bomb with instructions like.
"Ok, now…find and cut the green wire…"
It was pretty.straight forward now that the boot flag issue has been resolved.
1) set camera back to factory defaults
2) remove battery grip if installed.
3) format SD or CF card in camera
4) remove card and install in computer
5) download ML for 5diii and unzip all files into the root folder of card including the .fir file. (maintain same folder structure as supplied in the zip file)
6) insert card back into camera and install the firmware using the Canon firmware update menu option.
7) when prompted power off camera and power back on
I haven't tried it yet but to permanently uninstall and revert the boot flag back to original just reformat the card with the uninstall ML option.
Im getting ready to upgrade to the latest ML version so ill give the uninstall option a try before i upgrade...though technically not necessary. But im curious how seemless the uninstall is and wether or not it gives me back the improved wake up speed.