This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Canon Rumors
Weâ€™ve heard a number of times that Canon will update a lot of current lenses in 2012 and beyond. I think the 50 f/1.4 is the one that is in the most dire need of an update. An 85 1.2L III with a faster AF would also be welcomed. I hope they donâ€™t update the 200 f/2L IS, I already love it and I would be forced to love the next one too at $6K+.
- 50 f/1.4
- 85 f/1.8
- 85 f/1.2
- 100 f/2
- 135 f/2
- 200 f/2
Patent literature, self-interpretation and summary
- Patent Publication No. 2011-253050
- Published 2011.12.15
- Filing date 2010.6.2
|Example||Focal length||Fno||Length Lens||BF||Lens Construction|
|One||85.00||1.24||126.06||39.13||Nine elements in 7 groups|
|Two||85.00||1.80||113.00||42.34||Nine elements in 7 groups|
|Three||100.00||2.00||120.00||42.27||Nine elements in 7 groups|
|Four||133.30||2.06||158.90||51.86||10 sheets in 7 groups|
|Five||196.00||2.05||223.50||50.00||15 pieces in 10 groups|
|Six||51.70||1.41||89.92||39.00||Eight elements in 7 groups|
Both the image height is 21.64mm (full size)
Read More at Egami(Japanese)
I may sleep tonight.
Thanks for the patience, kind words and criticisms.
They also go on to mention that if Canon does release a higher megapixel full frame camera (30+ mp), it wonâ€™t be the 5D Mark III that gets them. The testing of higher megapixel sensors was also mentioned and itâ€™s said all of this will depend on the â€œmarketâ€.
With all that being said, is it being insinuated that the 5D Mark III would get the same or similar sensor to the 18mp one in the 1D X?
The recent price drops of the 5D Mark II (down to $1999 in the US) I donâ€™t think are a direct precursor to an imminent 5D Mark III announcement.
7D Mark II Absolutely zero information has come my way about a new 7D. What I donâ€™t think will happen is an APS-H 7D. They wonâ€™t eliminate the use of EF-S lenses on the body.
Iâ€™ve only heard about a 24mp APS-C, and an updated 18mp APS-C sensor. Niether of which there is much information about.
This is my first lockdown!
Yes, this is Canon Rumors, but a new D4 probably matters to a lot people that require cameras like the D4 and 1D X.
The 1D X to have competition soon?
Nikon Rumors has posted specs of an upcoming D4. They claim it’ll be announced before CES/PMA in January. The 1D X is no longer alone.
Don’t expect a quick to market product, I’m not sure you can even buy XQD cards yet!
- 16.2 MP
- 11 fps
- 100-102,400 native ISO range, expandable to 50 and 204,800
- CF + XQD memory card slots! That’s right, the Nikon D4 will have the new Compact Flash XQD memory card slot.
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Face detection/recognition function that will be working in the viewfinder (maybe some type of a hybrid viewfinder? Nikon had several related patents)
- Improved video, I have no other details on that but my guess is 1080p/30/25/24 and 720p/60/30/25/24 similar to the Nikon D800
- Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording
- Improved 51 AF points
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0 (the D3s went to EV -1)
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
Source: Nikon RumorsÃ‚Â