This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Canon Rumors
Tired of buying memory cards yet? Thought not. B&H is having another one day SanDisk sale.
- SanDisk 16GB CompactFlash Memory Card Extreme 400x UDMA $52.95
- SanDisk 64GB CompactFlash Memory Card Extreme 400x UDMA $172.95
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card $73.95
- SanDisk 16 GB SDHC Memory Card Extreme Pro Class 10 UHS-I $43.95
- SDHC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 $19.45
These deals end on May 1, at 11:59PM EST.
does anyone know if the rebate holds if you buy two lenses and one body?
B&H told me there is no limit on quantity. Their web site shows the discounts with multiple lenses.
It seems the glitch has been corrected by Adorama and it no longer calculates the same way for me.
Save more than you thought?
I’ve been told and shown that Adorama is actually tripling rebates when you buy a qualifying camera body with a qualifying lens.
For Example (When Bought Together)
Stay with me know, here are the discounts that have been applied to the above order.
The Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II regular price is $2199, when you search it on the site it is listed at $150 off at $2049. When you bundle it with the 5D Mark III Adorama takes another $300 off. So the savings on the Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II is $450 when the rebate program is actually for $300 off of $2199.
Thanks Jeremy (View POTN Thread)
From a major retailer
I was told just a moment ago that new shipments of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III are expected at retailers this week, perhaps as early as Wednesday.
As soon as they’re in stock, I’ll let you know.
I’m told the announcement for the Rebel T4i will happen very soon. There may have been multiple delays in announcing it while Canon deals with production of already announced products.
The megapixel count will not match the 24mp of the new Nikon D3200 I am told. It will have DIGIC V, new video features and a few ergonomic changes. Still waiting on the definitive specs.
From a different source, we’ve been told there may be a new autofocus technology when shooting video, as well as a touchscreen.
B&H has very limited stock of the new Canon EOS C300 video camera. It’s only available in PL mount for the moment. Priced to go at $15,999!
I did see a lot of them being used at NAB, not sure if they were loaners or people actually bought them.
- Super 35mm-Size CMOS Sensor
- PL Lens Mount to Accept Cinema Lenses
- Canon XF Codec – 4:2:2 50 Mb/s MPEG-2
- 1920 x 1080i60 & True 24p Recording
- Rotating 4″, 1.23 Mp LCD Monitor
- HD-SDI Output, XLR Inputs
- Dual CF Card Slots
- Timecode I/O, Genlock In & Sync Out
- Canon Log Gamma
- Modular Design: Removable Grip & Monitor
Don’t want to wait for the new Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II? Don’t feel like spending $2200? Wanted some form of image stabilization, perhaps the new Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC is for you.
Quick MTF Review
Roger at Lensrentals.com also did a quick and dirty MTF comparison between the new Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC and the current Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L. The Tamron faired quite well.
Roger also mentions the autofocus performance is pretty good on the Tamron, maybe not as quick as the Canon, but much faster than Tamron’s 70-200.
You can read the entire quick and dirty review at LensRentals.com here.
B&H has their first shipment of Canon PowerShot D20 waterproof cameras in stock. Definitely an ergonomic upgrade from the PowerShot D10.
- 12.1Mp High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ Pure Color System LCD
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
- Waterproof and Shockproof
- Temperature Resistant Down to 14 Degrees
- GPS Tracker
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Intelligent IS
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
From Canon USA
Canon USA will be launching new rebates starting on April 29, 2012. They will run through until June 2, 2012. This rebate program is a “double up” program. Your rebate will double if you purchase a 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 7D or 60D. For example, if you buy a 5D Mark III and a 14 f/2.8L II, the actual rebate would be $320.00.
The prices shown are current prices, updated hourly. They won’t reflect the rebate until April 29th.
EF-S Zooms (Rebate Amount) B&H Price | Adorama Price | Amazon Price
- EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM ($65.00) $734.00 | $734.00 | $689.95
- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM ($80.00) $1099.00 | $1099.00 | $1179.00
- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM ($60.00) $799.00 | $799.00 | $859.00
- EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM ($40.00) $429.00 | $429.00 | $429.00
EF Prime (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM ($160.00) $2199.00 | $2199.00 | $2199.00
- EF 20mm f/2.8 USM ($40.00) $499.00 | $499.00 | $499.00
- EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM ($120.00) $1629.00 | $1629.00 | $1749.00
- EF 28mm f/1.8 USM ($40.00) $469.00 | $469.00 | $469.00
- EF 35mm f/1.4L USM ($100.00) $1379.00 | $1379.00 | $1379.00
- EF 50mm f/1.2L ($120.00) $1499.00 | $1499.00 | $1499.00
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM ($30.00) $369.00 | $359.00 | $369.00
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM ($150.00) $2049.00 | $2049.00 | $2049.00
- EF 85mm f/1.8 USM ($30.00) $389.00 | $389.00 | $389.00
- EF 100mm f/2 USM ($35.00) $464.00 | $464.00 | $499.00
- EF 135mm f/2.0L USM ($75.00) $1014.00 | $1014.00 | $1014.00
- EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM ($90.00) $1359.00 | $1359.00 | $1359.00
EF Zooms (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM ($110.00) $1589.00 | $1589.00 | $1589.00
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM ($60.00) $779.00 | $779.00 | $779.00
- EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM ($100.00) $1399.00 | $1399.00 | $1399.00
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM ($110.00) $1589.00 | $1589.00 | $1589.00
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II ($200.00) $2299.00 | $2299.00 | $2499.00
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM ($100.00) $1349.00 | $1349.00 | $1349.00
- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM ($100.00) $1249.00 | $1249.00 | $1349.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM ($100.00) $1499.00 | $1499.00 | $1499.00
- EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM ($90.00) $1309.00 | $1309.00 | $1309.00
EF Macro (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact-Macro ($20.00) $279.00 | $279.00 | $279.00
- MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo ($70.00) $979.00 | $979.00 | $979.00
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM ($40.00) $559.00 | $559.00 | $559.00
- EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM ($70.00) $979.00 | $979.00 | $1049.00
- EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM ($110.00) $1469.00 | $1469.00 | $1469.00
EF Tilt Shift (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- TS-E 17mm f/4L ($170.00) $2329.00 | $2329.00 | $2329.00
- TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II ($150.00) $2049.00 | $2049.00 | $2049.00
- TS-E 45mm f/2.8 ($100.00) $1299.00 | $1299.00 | $1399.00
- TS-E 90mm f/2.8 ($100.00) $1299.00 | $1299.00 | $1292.71
Teleconverters (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- Extender EF 1.4x III ($35.00) $464.00 | $464.00 | $454.26
- Extender EF 2x III ($35.00) $464.00 | $459.00 | $464.00
Speedlites (Rebate Amount) B&H | Adorama | Amazon
- Speedlite 270EX II ($10.00) $159.00 | $139.00 | $159.00
- Speedlite 320EX ($25.00) $224.00 | $224.00 | $224.00
- Speedlite 430EX II ($20.00) $279.00 | $279.00 | $279.00
- Speedlite 580EX II ($30.00) $469.00 | $469.00 | $469.00
- Speedlite 600EX-RT ($30.00) $599.00 | $599.00 | $599.00
- Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX ($30.00) $519.00 | $519.00 | $519.00
- Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX ($50.00) $779.00 | $779.00 | $779.00
From Adorama Adorama has a select few Canon products at discounted prices beyond the new rebate program. Act fast, these discounts won’t last long.
Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS Adorama is also selling the Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS at a super discounted price of $890.10.
Canon EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS Adorama is selling the Canon EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS at a super discounted price of $1299.
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Adorama is selling the Canon Speedlite 430EX II at a discounted price of $249
… of course they do
Canon is projecting selling 27% more DSLR cameras this year, to the tune of 9.2 million units. They’re also aiming for a 17% increase in compact camera sales, up to 22 million units.
With DSLR sales growth, lens sales should take a similar path upwards.
Said about their compact segment
“… we will further differentiate and enhance our lineup by launching new cameras offering the image qualities that approaches SLR cameras; furthering the improvement in design and qualities, and by incorporating features such as network, connectivity capabilities.”
Cue the mirrorless rumors.
A 7D Mark II doesn't feel like a guaranteed product to me. It still could be....
We reported a while ago that Canon would introduce a new “entry level” full frame camera some time in 2012. With the recent Nikon D600 rumors, there has been a lot of chatter in the Canon world if they’d do the same thing. For the moment, the 5D Mark II is Canon’s entry level full frame camera.
No specs were given to me, but again I was told Canon is working on such a camera to be available before Christmas 2012 (or 2013 if recent history tells us anything).
… and the other?
I’ve received 2 other reports that Canon will possibly announce another full frame DSLR beyond the “entry level” in 2012, with availability moving into 2013. One would assume it would be a larger megapixel offering.
I have heard as many as 5 different sensors are in the wild and being tested, and in various camera form factors.
It’s highly likely that both cameras will become real products. I do get the feeling Canon hasn’t committed to their immediate roadmap yet and there’s a lot of “wait and see what the market wants” going on. People would like to see the Cinema EOS brand trickle down into a more affordable product than the EOS-1D C, but I don’t see that happening until the 1D C actually starts to ship. I’ll leave the delay jokes up to you guys.