You mileage may vary, but I could see a 70D in the near future for less.
I expect the the 70D will follow the specs more closely from the 60D than the 7D. No AFMA, etc., etc.
Expect the un-expected. The 70D will be the 7D and the 7Dmk2 will be a new camera. When their released, the 7D prices will plummet, which is an even better reason to wait.
Patience is a virtue, Impatience is an expensive commodity. The only time I would buy a 7D body now is if the price is around 800-900$, as to minimize the loss when the newer models are released.
Patience snagged me my 5D3 for 3,099 Non-grey market, USA warranty, brand New.
If you don't need it, but want it, Waiting is worth it. If you need it, your not asking this question.