All this 5D4 talk has got me thinking about what it would take to make me plunk down more cash and it's not really the sensor.
1. Built in RT transmitter.
2. Linked AF metering to point
3. a blinky AF point.
4. Improved sync speed to 1/250th or higher if possible.
5. Wifi - GPS
6. 7 fps
7. Dual CF
8. Lastly is a modest bump in the sensor IQ.
That's a good wish list. But for my uses, most of those are not make-or-break issues to decide if I upgrade my Mk 3 to 4. I really only wish for 2 things:
1. AF. While much improved, Mk 3 still has some intermittent AF weirdness with certain lenses, mostly in AI servo but sometimes even one-shot AF can be wildly off for no apparent reason. I wish for more/better AF processor and higher voltage battery (or more efficient use of battery for AF system?) for Mk 4, and at least -3 EV AF sensitivity in low light, in addition to Canon finally deciding to implement AF assist light in-body like Nikon.
2. Little more IQ. Give us non-videographers the option to order Mk 4 without loss-pass filter, but not at a higher price like silly Nikon does with D800E. As far as DR, I'm not asking for much but just give us a little more freedom to bring up the shadow a little cleaner and bring down the highlights a teeny better.