- Here's my wish list, most important first:
- At least two stops higher ISO without an increase in noise. The improvement needs to be at the sensor level - not just postprocessing.
- Improved focus tracking of moving objects (athletes, birds in flight).
- Frame rate as fast as the 40D (6.5 fps), or better.
- Built-in wireless control. Paying hundreds extra for an add-on device may have made sense ten years ago...
- Weight no higher than needed. "Feels solid" can be just an illusion.
- The Mark II's 21 megapixels is already pretty good. At some point you just waste storage space and transfer time.
- If video features are added, they should NEVER get in the way of use as a still camera.
- Wider dynamic range. HDR from multiple exposures rarely gives what I want.
- A price increase is to be expected, but I won't pay 1D-level prices.
I'm asking a lot, but after all I have a perfectly good camera already. A new one has to be compelling.