It just seems to me that everyone is missing the point altogether. Please be realistic about what the 5D is actually meant to do. And the market it is intended to address.
The purpose of the 5D Mrk III is not:
- to be a great professional landscape camera
- to be a studio camera
- to make large prints similar to 4â€ x 5â€ + film
- making a majority of photos over 16â€ x 20â€
The market for a 5D Mrk III is for:
- photo-journalist type work
- wedding/event photographers
- walk around FF camera
- indie videographers
- making most photos less than 16â€ x 20â€
How do you know this?
Do you work for Canon marketing?
Maybe they were guessing? I don't own one, but the guy I work for just got one, and he is crazy about it. He is an old film guy who used a 5D mark 1 for a while, and regularly made 16x20 and larger prints with it (and they look great!).
My question would be, what camera are we to make >16x20 prints with? Should we bust out Crown Graphic 4x5's? Those old press guys really had it down for style, if nothing else, when using it!