Go with the 7D now to start enjoying it ASAP!I agree with all that, but the 60D has all of that except for the 100% viewfinder but it does have an articulating lcd screen which helps substantially when shooting video.
I went from an XT to 7D several years ago and noted many useful advantages:
- more and faster AF points (check the web to see articles where 7D focus sensor is MUCH larger than the red box onscreen which can cause focus not to be exactly where you think it is)
- faster frame rate allows a better chance of actually capturing the action you want
- more solid rugged body feels better in hand with better control layout
- more pixels allowing creative cropping to get the framing you want while maintaining detail
- much larger ISO range (including AUTO) which allowed me to take better high ISO shots in varying low light while setting the aperature and shutter speed I want.
- top screen which allows a rapid check of camera settings
- larger brighter viewfinder (100%) which allows you to see exactly what is going to end up in the picture and not guess about the edges
- larger brighter back LCD screen