I have several photo calculators and apps on my Android phone. Most I don’t use much, some I haven’t used at all but they can be very handy when you are out shooting and you need to calculate something. I’m curious to know what others have and if they actually use them.
First and foremost, the CR
is on my main screen to help feed my addiction to this site. This one get used a lot to say the least! Sundroid
(paid version) – not specifically a photo app, but a fantastic app to get sun/moon rise/set times, twilight, moon phase, etc., etc.CamCalc
– Very cool calculator, I especially like the field of view tool which lets you dial in a focal length, distance to subject and see a representation of your field of view. Lots of other handy tools and of course you can program in your sensor size so the math is correct. Shutter Speed
– handy tool to calculate equivalent exposure settings—ya you can do it in your head but this makes it a no brainner Exposure Calculator
– another handy tool to calculator equivalent exposurePhotography Assistant
– another nifty toolPhotometric
– example exposure settings. Really haven’t used this oneLighting Studio
– not very practical but lets you doodle out a lighting diagramPhoto Tools for Photographers (PHOforPHO)
– lots of tools, haven’t used it muchDOF Calculator
- just thatCanon Lens
– Nifty little database of all the current Canon lens (I think it is missing a few now) that allows you to sort by type (L, IS, wide, etc.) with review links for each lens. Nothing you can get off the web but very nice for those boring meetings so you can escape and dream over your next lens purchase.