Image & Video Galleries > Animal Kingdom

Red Squirrels and other Scottish Wildlife

<< < (2/3) > >>

MrFotoFool:
Those are really nice.  Any chance you saw some scottish wildcats?

Kernuak:
They're taken at the Aigas Field Centre in the Scottish Highlands. Because of the proximity to people on a daily basis, it's much easier to get close to them than usual, even though they are wild. The centre is also involved in a breeding pgoramme for wildcats and I'm sure I saw one there in the Caledonian woodland early one March morning four years ago, but I haven't photographed any, as they are trying to keep human contact to a minimum ready for release of the offspring into the wild in the future. The chance of seeing more than a glimpse of a wild one is pretty remote.

bjd:

--- Quote from: Kernuak on October 28, 2012, 06:51:28 AM ---I've spent well over four years trying to get a half decent shot of a red squirrel, but after my last trip to Scotland, I have more than I know what to do with.  I also managed to photogarph another iconic species, the mountain hare, as well as a treecreeper.

--- End quote ---
Those are great shots. What lens etc. did you use? The 300mm L I assume?
Cheers Brian

Kernuak:
Thanks Brian. The squirrels were all taken with the 300mm f/2.8 L IS, either with or without extender, as was the mountain hare. The treecreeper was taken with the 135 f/2 though and involved some photographic gymnastics :P.

Malte_P:
great images.. great light....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version