Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

What do you Love about the 5D3? POLL!

<< < (6/6)

Ew:
Low light - high ISO
silent shutter
Programmable DOF button on right as 1shot/servo switch

V8Beast:
Forgot to mention the C1, C2, and C3 settings. I thought this was a stupid, gimmicky feature, but it really does save a ton of time in the field.

fotoray:

--- Quote from: drmikeinpdx on November 10, 2012, 06:15:01 PM ---I love the autofocus system.  I hated the autofocus on my 5D classic and my 7D was only a little better.  Since I was trying to use prime lenses wide open for the shallow DOF it was really frustrating.

--- End quote ---

+1   Much faster and more decisive autofocus than my 7D.   

Also like the increased dynamic range compared to 7D - results in less contrasty image. 

Zlatko:

--- Quote from: Fotofanten on November 10, 2012, 08:02:37 PM ---I like that there is nothing in particular that I dislike with the camera. They must have really listened to the feedback from mk II owners. The larger full coverage VF is my one favorite improvement.

--- End quote ---
I agree, Canon sure did listen.  The numerous refinements in the camera show plenty of evidence of that.  This thread is further evidence.  And it belies the threads on various forums that complain about Canon "not listening" or using "ancient sensors" or building a 5D3 that was only "minor update" over the 5D2.  The 5D3 is clearly designed to be closer to the 1D series in speed and handling, and may be more durable than the 5D2.  The only glitch is the black AF point thing, but it doesn't diminish the overall excellence of the camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version