October 01, 2014, 06:42:11 AM

Author Topic: Has Canon entered the Graveyard Spiral?  (Read 32212 times)

jukka

Re: Has Canon entered the Graveyard Spiral?
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
Oh, I thought you understood that if I or any other change a little in the  AWB, see above, the image from the LCD are not showing any green /yellow tint

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »
Oh, I thought you understood that if I or any other change a little in the  AWB, see above, the image from the LCD are not showing any green /yellow tint

I do understand. I thought that you understood that changing the AWB to correct the on-camera LCD display problem also changes WB of the JPG file output, and the RAW metadata AWB value as well, forcing one to live with a systematically incorrect WB or correct all files in post.  As a 'fix' for the LCD tint problem, your suggestion leaves much to be desired.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
The d800 screen looks like vomit. Very similar to what It used to look like on my 5Dc. Its terrible.

strong words, there are no problem  to adjust the AWB a little bit and and then the motive looks fine at the LCD in d800.
The yellow /green tint is gone (in the LCD)
The  small AWB correction does not affect the jpg image out from the camera

This is AWB from 5dmk2, d800 and  raw file adjusted
None of the AWB in 5dmk2 or d800 does a proper job in 2800K

These level cameras are very expensive. I expect them to get out of my way and get me my photos I want.

For 3000$ in 2012, I expect a proper LCD.

Bennymiata

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »
Some months ago, I noticed that Myer were having a 20% off sale in their camera department, so I went in and asked if they had a 5D MkIII in stock.
The guy checked up and said that they didn't have any of them in stock, but could order one in for me.
I asked if he ordered it, would I still get 20% off the RRP, and he said yes I would.
So, I ordered my 5D3 from him and 4 days later it arrived in and I ended up saving around $400 from the cheapest Aussie stock I could find at the time, and I even got a $75.00 gift card with it as an extra bonus.

Sometimes, you have to keep your nose to the ground to get the best deals, and sometimes, they come from the most unexpected places.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »