OK, so apologies for banging on this line a bit on previous threads, but 2K+ is a lot of money to cough up!
That said, the 5D MkIII is currently at the £2300-£2400 mark here in the UK. I have three options:
1. Buy at my favourite camera shop now at this price.
2. Order from HDEW (or Digitalrev/Pro Camera Store etc.) grey market for ~ £1950, saving a whopping £400.
3. Wait and see if Canon lower the price.
Option 1 basically guarantees me peace of mind with regard to problems, but I would be pretty p*ss*d off if Canon dropped their prices to the £2000 mark in a few weeks.
Option 2 insulates me against possible Canon UK price cuts, but leaves me bitten by the paranoia bug!
Option 3 leaves me without a 5D MkIII and with no guarantee of getting one any cheaper.
What's anyone else's take on this; is the release of the 6D likely to affect the 5D MkIII's price (either up or down), should I be more worried about the strength of the Pound/Euro versus the Yen? Or am I overthinking this sh*t to the point where I am starting to lose my marbles?