Gear Talk > Reviews

Review - Canon EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro

<< < (2/18) > >>

neuroanatomist:
Ahhh, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS.  My first L-series lens.  My 'gateway drug'.  Love it.  It's mounted on my camera right now, just waiting for me to pick it up and use it. 

facedodge:
I've got the 90mm Tamron Macro... If you can't afford the 100L, I've been pleased with the Tamron. It is a dedicated macro lens for me as I have the 135L if I want portraits. AF is decent, but I tend to do live view manual focus for macro anyway. It's very sharp. I'm sure it compares to the 100L in IQ.

PavelR:
Anybody here owning 100L and 135L?
Comparison of my copies make clear winner 135 @ F2.8. Do you have any opposite experience?
(Of course comparison is done on NON-macro shots...)

Scott911:
I've owned the non-L version of the lens many, many years...  wonder lens.  I've never thought of upgrading to L because I couldn't imagine a sharper lens, and to me, the IS hold little value as nearly all macro must really be done on a tripod...

I'm curious about the difference the rounded aperture blades of the L makes - I can't say I've ever been bothered with the non-L's effect, but it would be interested to see an A - B comparison between the lenses that highlights this difference.

LuCoOc:
Great review - I totally agree. A remarkable piece of engeneering.

I used this lens a lot... until i got my 85 1.2 II which is now mounted most of the time because the 100L is just a little too long for portraits on APS-C.

But still, my most favorite shots where taken with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version