April 23, 2014, 07:11:53 PM

Author Topic: EOS 6D manual is ready to download  (Read 5285 times)

M.ST

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:26:01 AM by M.ST »

canon rumors FORUM

EOS 6D manual is ready to download
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »

B-Man

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: EOS 6D manual is ready to download
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
Thanks!

CoffeDrinker

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »
Heyj Volks and hi, i´m new.  :P
I don´t know if u noticed it, but in the German Manual is the talk about a "EOS 6D N"!!! This Version will have no GPS and no Wlan, and thats the Point of Interesst for me!!! Did anyone noticed that too or does anyone know something about that?!? Thx in advance

Jont

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
CoffeDrinker, you appear to be right.  I wonder if they will have a cheaper version.

CoffeDrinker

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:57:05 AM »
But why not, the 60D also have 2 Versions: 60D and 60Da (for Astronomic Photography)

Harry Muff

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:31:21 AM »
Good catch CoffeeDrinker!

Calling CR Guy! CR Guy to the red phone!
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

boateggs

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that they will have 2 versions on the camera in countries that the wireless spectrums used are not a) available or b) legal for consumer product use.  I think the same has been talked about already for the rt-600 flash.
T3i | 15-85mm | 70-300mm L | ∑ 30mm | ∑ 50mm | 430exII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 04:50:32 AM »

iris chrome

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 05:36:52 AM »
Heyj Volks and hi, i´m new.  :P
I don´t know if u noticed it, but in the German Manual is the talk about a "EOS 6D N"!!! This Version will have no GPS and no Wlan, and thats the Point of Interesst for me!!! Did anyone noticed that too or does anyone know something about that?!? Thx in advance

You're right. The 6D is actually being offered in at least two versions and possibly a third version too but I don't have the info on pricing for each model or details on the third version if it does exist. I'm also not sure if any of those other versions will be coming to N. America either.

If you go to the Canon Asia website and look up the 6D it will say "there is also a 6D variant model without built-in WiFi and GPS." On the same page click on "Full Specifications" and look at the weight of the camera and it will say this:

Dimensions and Weight   
Dimensions (W x H x D)   Approx. 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm / 5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8 in.
Weight (EOS 6D (WG))   Approx. 755g / 26.7oz. (CIPA Guidelines)
Approx. 680g / 24.0oz. (Body only)
Weight (EOS 6D (N))   Approx. 750g / 26.5oz. (CIPA Guidelines)
Approx. 675g / 23.8oz. (Body only)
Weight (EOS 6D (WG))   Approx. 750g / 26.5oz. (CIPA Guidelines)
Approx. 675g / 23.8oz. (Body only)

Notice how it lists the 6D (WG) twice but the last one has the same weight as the N model... could simply be an overlooked typo though.

http://www.canon-asia.com/personal/products/interchangeable-lens-camera/dslr-eos/eos-6d
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:38:28 AM by iris chrome »

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
AF-Quality of 6D
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 06:07:45 AM »
Much thanks. I see, that @ the AF specifications there will be EV -3 available. But as I read, there will only be 11 AF fields, of which only the center field will be a full cross sensor. The others will react on "vertical lines".
My 60D has 9 cross senors. Whats the difference in between? Are the 6D AF field better than the 9 of the 60D?

CoffeDrinker

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure that they will have 2 versions on the camera in countries that the wireless spectrums used are not a) available or b) legal for consumer product use.  I think the same has been talked about already for the rt-600 flash.

This is what we think in Europe too, especial the others not me! ;) I hope the 6Dn will come to us and you too, because i don´t ned gps and wlan and dont want to pay for that.  :-\

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 06:18:31 AM »

This is what we think in Europe too, especial the others not me! ;) I hope the 6Dn will come to us and you too, because i don´t ned gps and wlan and dont want to pay for that.  :-\

I phoned with a big dealer in Munich some minutes ago. The basic version of the 6D will be available "soon" (But he could not say what the basic version is). Maybe before christmas. But no guarantee. The version without the GPS and WLAN will be in the "range of the D600" from Nikon.

Myth

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 06:33:31 AM »
If there really are multiple versions of the 6D surely this will mean the axe is about to fall on the 5D MKII?

If there is a price drop for the 5D MKII with the end of production, a good purchase perhaps?

Interesting times ahead...

boateggs

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »

I don't care about GPS but after hearing of the use of Android/iPhone as a remote trigger/viewer I have changed my mind about wifi.  I could live without it but I am happy to see that Canon is accepting established versatile technology as an accessory
T3i | 15-85mm | 70-300mm L | ∑ 30mm | ∑ 50mm | 430exII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:50 AM »

cinema-dslr

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:39:40 AM »

I don't care about GPS but after hearing of the use of Android/iPhone as a remote trigger/viewer I have changed my mind about wifi.  I could live without it but I am happy to see that Canon is accepting established versatile technology as an accessory

except when recording movies then wifi is disabled????? >:( 
Canon eos C100+ninja2 ninjablade, 7D, 40d, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2,8L, 100 f2,8L is macro , ef-s 10-22, sigma 28f1,8 macro, samyang 8 f3,5 fisheye, tamron 70-200 f2,8 macro, sigma 18-35 f1,8 Art

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »
Are the 6D AF field better than the 9 of the 60D?

Sadly, no - the 6d has no real cross sensor _at_all_, even the center one is a "hybrid" type like on the 5d2 and the other ones are non-cross, too. The second difference is that the af spread on full frame is smaller than on a crop sensor. That doesn't mean that the 6d has to be bad at af esp. with the center point - but we need in-depth real world reviews.

PS: I doubt the non-wifi version will be available in Germany - the combined wifi/gps chip probably costs about €1 as a part and it's more likely the cut-down version is for countries that don't allow radio - that's why there is a non-radio version of the 600rt flash, too.

EOS 6D manual is ready to download.

I read through the manual and it's really a full frame 60d, but this time with afma with two settings for zoom lenses. That's why the manual is rather short and unimpressive, the wifi manual takes up more space :-p

And they added "orientation linked af point" from the 5d3 :-> ... either this is a joke or Canon really expects people to shoot with the outer points on the 6d.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:29 AM »