September 19, 2014, 10:03:24 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body for $2599 via eBay  (Read 22218 times)

RoNx777

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body for $2599 via eBay
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »
Which of the deals and date did you guys buy yours?

12/9, $2599 via eBay.

BVI acknowledge that they received "multiple" similar complaints, I'm just giving them until tomorrow to issue and RMA before I file a claim via PayPal.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:34 AM »

bluegreenturtle

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
Hmmm, I bought the same thing, albeit on 12/8.  Mine seems to be perfect and new, so that's weird - do you know if yours shipped from NJ or FL?

tyrant

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »
i bought mine also on 12/9 for the 2,599 deal.

the camera i received was brand new and unopened and works perfect (had to buy a battery locally from our messed up rip-off of a dealer to check it tho)

in simple terms buyer beware, i trusted BVI and got bit and really doubt they will resolve my issue any time soon, so might as well suck it up and buy the missing parts separately.

danski0224

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
I received mine from the 12/16 sale and there are no issues.

It was in a 5D3 + 24-105 kit box. Unfortunately, no 24-105 was included :)

I received all accessories, nothing appeared to be opened, the camera body appeared to be unused.

The serial number on the box matched the serial number on the camera.
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
I ordered mine in March and it showed up March 22nd.  It was almost $4200 with tax and the battery grip.  I hate all of you.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

gjones5252

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
I waited and bought mine at a chain store. I have really come to like their warranties. Some times can be a little fishy and not really working out but for the time that i returned a slightly off focus 70-200 2.8 and they not knowing how to test a lens gave me a 70-200 is ii back... same price.... yeah i win. So i went with them again for the 5d mark iii. Not because I am hoping to scam them but everytime i take a camera in for repair they always repair it or just replace it. So i think the highest i have ever been on a shutter count is about 35k-45k. Warranties i believe are worth it and the extra hassle. I have a warranty on just about everything i own except my 5d mark ii. 
I also got a good deal (2600) on the mark 3 so it made it easier to add the warranty price.

tyrant

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »
Just an update for you guys..

i was really skeptical about my issue being resolved but that skepticism was misplaced, bigvalueinc came thru in the end and they overnighted all the missing parts of the order no questions asked.

all items were original OEM just as expected, so overall i take back my words and will say that BVI have been great to deal with and it seems this was simply an issue of being overloaded with orders due to their crazy offers.

been enjoying the mk3 over the past few days and its such a big jump from my old 400D, also surprisingly easy to use and the results with the 24-105 and 70-20 f2.8 are just amazing. 

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »

Mike

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 12:46:42 PM »
I received my Canon 5D MKiii from BigValueInc.

Many people have complained that the cameras (advertized USA market) were, in fact, grey market. LOOK CLOSER - The camera that I received has a FAKE SERIAL NUMBER

BigValueInc sold me a STOLEN Canon 5D mk iii!!!

It is disappointing that I received the recommendation from CanonRumors. I am currently trying to get this resolved.

BigValueInc is unapologetic for selling stolen gear. They deny that the camera is stolen despite the fact that they sent me the counterfeit serial and that the REAL serial is embedded in the camera's bios.

sama

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »

Many people have complained that the cameras (advertized USA market) were, in fact, grey market. LOOK CLOSER - The camera that I received has a FAKE SERIAL NUMBER

It is disappointing that I received the recommendation from CanonRumors. I am currently trying to get this resolved.

BigValueInc is unapologetic for selling stolen gear. They deny that the camera is stolen despite the fact that they sent me the counterfeit serial and that the REAL serial is embedded in the camera's bios.

How did you know that the camera is a stolen one ? What made you think that the serial # is "counterfeit" ?
Hoping that your allegation is just a misunderstanding.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »

Mike

It is likely that the camera came from Hong Kong, others have found the issue before.  It is apparently Canon or some dealer in Hong Kong who has been giving refurbished cameras a new serial number and selling them to unsuspecting dealers as new.  Before blaming a seller who probably bought the camera from Canon or a Hong Kong dealer and was told it was new and a US model, be sure you have proof that they knew.

I'd suggest raising the issue with Canon USA, or just returning it.  It should absolutely be reported to ebay. However, you need to tell them something coherent, and not babble about theft and other things about which you have no proof .   Stick to the facts and state them clearly, don't make assumptions, the facts are all you need and they are quite damming if presented clearly and factually.

I'd suggest that you send ebay, big value, and Canon a copy of the EXIF data showing the internal serial number along with a photo of the external nameplate.  Also include a copy of the article(s) below.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?113459-Purchased-a-Grey-Market-camera-recently-Is-it-GENUINE

Post the info here or send it to me and I'll forward it to CR Guy.

Good Luck,  We are all going be interested in hearing the outcome.

http://www.photographyireland.net/fake-canon-bodies-alert-t46891.html

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/canon-counterfeit-camera-90917

http://www.flickr.com/groups/eos7d/discuss/72157627139783580/

http://photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00TF2d?start=20
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:14:52 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Mike

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
The serial number on the camera that was shipped to me from BigValueInc is not even a good fake. It's OBVIOUS.

I know it is a fake because it is not on foil like the real ones, rather it is simply printed onto paper. The printing is all black (the real serial has a greyish tone to the background, with black letters which are printed into the rectangular space after the label is made. In the real serial, you can see very slight depression where the letters were pressed onto the foil. On the counterfeit, it is all one uniform, smoothe (black tone).

The counterfeit is slightly smaller than the real serial.

The counterfeit is cut poorly, where the "Canon" word has the "C" touching the edge of the sticker

The counterfeit is poorly glued to the body, with a corner poorly stuck down.

The counterfeit (since it is slightly smaller than the original) has some of the glue from the original sticker remaining around the perimeters.

Also, the serial number on the counterfeit does not match the serial on either the box, or the cameras bios. (you can easily check the serial number on the exif data if you think you have received a "BLACK MARKET" item from this retailer.

Swphoto

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »
Can you post an image of the label (with the serial number covered)?

The SL1 I purchased from them has a label that looks authentic, and the number matches the EXIF data.

Janbo Makimbo

• EOS M2
  • 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
Two adages spring to mind........

If a deal seems too good be true..... It probably is!!

All that glistens isn't gold.

I am NOT going to add fools and their money are easily parted.... I wouldn't do that!

Perhaps Canon Rumors could ease off on promoting their 'offers'

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
We're working with the person who brought this to our attention. I spoke with him on the phone and I'm awaiting confirmation with images as to what the issue is.

This is the first complaint of this nature we've ever had about BigValueInc. We take it seriously and will not be promoting BVI offerings until we have an explanation about what happened, and every customer of theirs is made happy.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thanks,
Craig
canonrumors.com

gbchriste

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
I always wondered how these places could sell at camera that retailed as $3499 for $2599.  Seems pretty obvious now.  Who the hell is "BigValueInc" and why would anyone spend money with them?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »