October 21, 2014, 01:22:31 AM

Author Topic: Jessops [UK camera retailer] closes  (Read 12183 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
Re: Jessops [UK camera retailer] closes
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
I was half joking with the iOS line.  Maybe it could be the Canon iOS!

And consumption was what I was getting at.  I create video content on a macpro macbook pro and imac. Most users of apple products consume content, and as you say, only in ways that suit apple, so no flash etc.

My next mac will either be a windows PC or a hackintosh (motherboard with flashed bios, makes it worth $500 more)

I really hate to mac bash, really want to resist it, as I've done a lot of good work on a mac.

I just hope canon keep on the aspirational curve rather than dumbing down for mass market appeal.

I totally agree with all your points.  And just to be clear, I think Apple products are great.  They are just expensive and you're stuck with Apple the company.  Apple's whole business/product model is unique to them and when other companies try to copy that, it never works.  So please Canon, don't.  It may just be about the money to Canon but it's about the camera and support to us.  And as you say, these camera products are for creation by the user, not consumption.  Totally opposite of what Apple provides.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »

RMC33

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »
Sorry to hear your local retailer is going under=/. The one in my town is close to going under too. I buy all my bags and Flashes there. I have a hard time buying a used flash.

On the mac front which seems to have hijacked the latter part of this thread. Rusty.. That episode was and still is hilarious.

I love my MBP Retina and my self built desktop. They both run SSD's and 16gb of ram (desktop is an older I5 but works great) and just SMOKE anything I do. I have to say for the price of the low end retina I have not seen a PC based laptop that can do what this little guy does. Clients LOVE seeing the photos or designs (I work as a patent writer and design/prototype engineer for a patent firm on the screen rather then the 46" TV we have setup in our conference room because of how vivid the colors are. I could not do half of my work though without a PC, since Autodesk does not program for Mac. I love them both... and honestly after writing this I don't think I could live with out either OS.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »