July 30, 2014, 06:08:15 PM

Author Topic: It's the 15th!  (Read 5153 times)

arussarts

It's the 15th!
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
Just sayin'.  Awfully quiet in here...

canon rumors FORUM

It's the 15th!
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »

Danielle

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: It's the 15th!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
We're we holding our breath? Glad I wasn't!

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
Was the year mentioned? ;)

arussarts

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
We're we holding our breath? Glad I wasn't!

I guess I was a little bit...  it just feels like I've been waiting forever for a decent APS-C to come out.  Flame me now, but I have resolution needs that the 7D just can't handle.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »
Sorry to deflate your balloon but it is the 16th here, and nearly lunch time too.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

xps

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »
Another chance passed by...
What is the next "lauching window" for an 7D successor?

I need an urgent replacement for the 7D, as I start travelling aroung the world in July....

I hope, all the rumors contain a big piece of truth.

tortilla

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:15 AM »
I got tired of waiting and bought the 7D last night.

Actually it's the 7D 'Version 2' - it says so on the box and on the manual. That refers to the firmware upgrade, that is (according to Canon's marketing) supposed to bring the 7D 'on a whole new level.' (www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/EOS7D_firmware). Canon released that upgrade only 6 months ago - why would they do that when they also are planning to release the Mark II soon?

Maybe we'll see the 70D soon with GPS and wifi - but let's face it, it will still take a long time until the new sensor will be released. Any rumours until then are only spread to keep people from buying different brands.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 08:07:15 AM »

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:02 AM »

That's about how I felt... I can hear the crickets chirping...
What is truth?

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
In that case I better get out my 100L Macro~!  Kill some time while we wait for a bone.

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »

I need an urgent replacement for the 7D, as I start travelling aroung the world in July....

So do a real upgrade and go FF. I don't know why anyone would travel the world with anything less than a full frame body.

Efka76

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
In PC and Tablet world changes are happening very quickly, processors are getting faster and faster, screens have  better resolution every half year, however, I do not see significant improvements in DSLR area! 6D with WIFI and GPS was introduced as very significant improvement, however,  features are used in simple smartphones for long time ago!

I understand that maybe optics is could not be significantly improved, however, it is a shame to produce APS-C sensors when all cameras can easily accomodate FF and even larger sensors!!! Canon EOS 7D is 4 year old model!!!!! What I really feel that camera manufacturers  are sleeping and really do not appply technological advancements in camera world

I really hope that times will come when FF sensor will be used even in entry level DSLRs and we will not see such criples as 6D, which has even worse AF than 4 year old 7D!!!!
Gripped EOS 7D | EF 50 1.4 USM | EF 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | EF 100 2.8L IS USM | Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 | EF-S 18-135 mm | 580 EXII | ThinkTank Retrospective 30

David Hull

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:47 AM »
In PC and Tablet world changes are happening very quickly, processors are getting faster and faster, screens have  better resolution every half year, however, I do not see significant improvements in DSLR area! 6D with WIFI and GPS was introduced as very significant improvement, however,  features are used in simple smartphones for long time ago!

I understand that maybe optics is could not be significantly improved, however, it is a shame to produce APS-C sensors when all cameras can easily accomodate FF and even larger sensors!!! Canon EOS 7D is 4 year old model!!!!! What I really feel that camera manufacturers  are sleeping and really do not appply technological advancements in camera world

I really hope that times will come when FF sensor will be used even in entry level DSLRs and we will not see such criples as 6D, which has even worse AF than 4 year old 7D!!!!

One thing about the 6D AF that is better than the 7D and the 5DIII is tha tyou can see the AF indicators easily.  In that regard the new stuff is worse than the old stuff. 

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
A couple of issues I've noticed with technology.  Large firms like...no they ENJOY... trickling out incremental improvements in order to milk the consumers of their $$$.  Canon Nikon and Intel are just a few. 

2nd, Canon and Nikon as well cannot improve much in the sensor resolution and size area until they have a significant number of lenses that can take advantage of the new technology.  Bringing a new hi-res lens to market takes a considerable amount of time considering it takes a year just to manufacture a Flourite blank, not even mentioning making it into a working lens.  The newer lenses have more Flourite elements which takes them longer to manufacture and incrementally more expensive (but who really cares about that). 

I really don't see much point in investing in  a large MP camera yet until the lenses have improved.  Canon is getting there but I don't see a big market for it quite yet.  An early release of such would definitely disappoint the pixel peepers.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »

Dukinald

• Rebel T5i
  • aloha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:01 AM »
In that case I better get out my 100L Macro~!  Kill some time while we wait for a bone.

+1

If nothing comes out by spring or if the 6D prices does not come down some more, my money will go to a 100L macro.
Bodies: Canon 6D, 70D, T2i gripped, EOS 5, EOS 100, EOS M
Lenses:EF 24-105 F4L, EF 70-200 F2.8L mkII, EF 100 F2.8L,  EF 50 F1.8, EF-S 18-55mm, EF 28-80 USM, EF-M 22, Rokinon 8mm HD Fisheye, M mount adapter
Other : 540EZ, 320EX, 430EX II, Yongnuo triggers & strobist stuff

ZimUW

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »

So do a real upgrade and go FF. I don't know why anyone would travel the world with anything less than a full frame body.

Got tired of waiting and just put in an order for a 5D3...

J

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »