August 29, 2014, 12:34:01 PM

Author Topic: Photoshop error message  (Read 381 times)

emag

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Photoshop error message
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »
I've been using Photoshop 7 for like 10 years or however long it's been around.  Works for me and I can't justify the expense of current versions, although I did buy Elements 11 (okay) and LR (!!).  PS7 was working fine and one day refused to start up, with an error message regarding a TWAIN device communication issue.  Based on an internet search, this problem pops up now and then.  Removed/reinstalled, no help.  Even tried to install PS6, same error message, same result.  I've become fairly proficient with GIMP as a result, but I sure miss PS7.

The only unusual thing I did within a day or two prior to the error message - at a public stargaze with my astro club, I was switching between an astro modded 40D and a 60D on the scope taking photos tethered to my laptop.  A woman there was fascinated and I noticed she had a 7D on her neck (much more attractive than a goiter, I must say) so I made her evening by putting her 7D on the scope and taking a slew of photos for her, again tethered to the laptop.  IIRC, the error message appeared the first time I tried to open PS7 after that.

Laptop runs Vista 32 bit  (yeah. I know)

It won't be long until I upgrade computers and PS7 will probably install just fine in the new one, but this just nags at me.  Has anyone ever seen such a thing?

canon rumors FORUM

Photoshop error message
« on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »